Re: Galaxy at War Offline?

by AXIOS117

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It’s kinda irritating that I can’t max out my EMS.
Message 71 of 183 (962 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello all, 
i have had ALL of the same issues as you.
i was playing ME3 trilogy and just got the 3rd ME about 2-3 weeks ago. i just got to a point where i wanted to increase my galactic readiness so i started playing last week around the end of OCTOBER.  i only got in about 2 days of online play to max out my readniess for the higher EMS rating. im OCD so i wanted the 100% for game completion. 

I have my readiness at 98% overall. BUT my game just started LAST WEEK ( around end of October) and I have not been able to access the galaxy at war map / feature since Tuesday last week 29 OCTOBER 2019.  I fear EA ended the ME online feature for this. 

i have contacted EA support and so far NO success. I have tried many things. 
1. uninstall - reinstall game 

2. checked and updated N7HQ site 

3. updated all EA account info 

4. updated all Origins info 

5. did a very elborate trouble shoot process , this was the process : 

step one : go to setting -> network settings-> advanced settings -> alternative Mac address -> Clear 
     then it restarts 

step two: shut down xbox manually -> unplug xbox power pack from wall , wait 2 min -> plug in and wait until power block goes FROM WHITE to          

ORANGE, once orange, start console manually. 

step three: CLEAR PERSISTENT STOARAGE -> if hard wired to internet remove cable - if wireless, go to settings --> network settings -> disconnect

from your network 

then reconnect to network -> menu button -> settings -> blue ray & disc -> Blue ray -> persistent storage -> clear it 3 times 

step four : POWER CYCLE XBOX ONE 

1. while console is on, press and hold the consoles xbox button ( power) for 5 seconds until it shuts itself off. 

2. the console will power down 

3. wait 30 seconds , then turn on your xbox by pressing the xbox button. 

*** i found that if you have an external hard drive attached it may prevent your xbox from turning back on, so I unplugged mine and plugged it back in each time once the xbox was on. 

this should have cleared all empty or unneeded data and rebooted served issues with online feature problems. Nope. this was a waste of time to me but at leaset i can say i tried it. 

next, i was told to edit all account associated with EA and ME. change all codes to match and update them all and re-sync N7HQ. I tried that and did not work. 

lastly, i was told to day that the game may not be accessible anymore due to its age and I believe EA made a statement this week ( November 1st) that some games and thier online feature may be discontinued to make room for current games and future games - it saddens them but they have to make this choice.  ( can anyone confirm this? ) 

i hope you all the best of luck. sadly something is going on and I fear EA ended this portion of the game - though it is strange we can still play multiplayer. 

best of luck to you all - I just wanted to share what I have been through so far. 

cheers, 

Rob 

Message 72 of 183 (896 Views)

Re: Galaxy At War: Server Unavailable

★★★ Newbie
@xCALLOOMx Did you ever find a fix for this issue? Haha It's happening to me as well, 11.2019
Message 73 of 183 (868 Views)

★★★ Novice

If they are planning to not support this feature going forward i wish they allow us to tweak it to some degree. Mine is stuck at 100% which means that my galactic readiness is over 4000+ when I start a single player campaign. But I think this has happened in the past so there's still hope that it could be fixed in the future.

Message 74 of 183 (883 Views)

★ Guide

what has ea said about this

Message 75 of 183 (1,043 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. Any update EA?

Message 76 of 183 (996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Was this feature discontinued? I haven't seen any official information about MP and Galaxy at War support. 
EA, please provide feedback.

Message 77 of 183 (937 Views)

★ Guide

I think  best thing to do until we hear anything official on whether or not the galaxy at war service is discontinued  or not it’s treat this as a glitch or a bug in the server until someone from ea officially give us information I would also recommend just to give precise information on your platform that you’re playing on and what troubleshooting have you tried the more information given to support team the more help it Will be 

Message 78 of 183 (929 Views)

★★ Guide

I think if they had stpoped theywould have announced it I suspect. I've no tseen anything asyimng they were planning to abandon it.

Message 79 of 183 (922 Views)

★★ Guide

They are aware of i tas one of their CM's has been on here but it's a case of seeing what their response is. Plus outside of the site the gamres are still working it's just the site itself that isn't. I think we just need to be patient and se ewha tthe response is given that the rtilogy is playable throuhg the backwards compatibity thing on XB1 it's hard to see why they'd abandon it at least not yet.

Message 80 of 183 (918 Views)