Re: N7 rating decreased

by meloh904

Original Post

Accepted Solution

N7 rating decreased

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have promoted 32 characters and my N7 rating was 2400.  Now that rating is 1056.  Is there a reason for this?  Is this a punishment of some kind that I should be aware of?  I'm trying to be very polite.  I could say thing now that would put an angry fishwife to shame.  Thank you in advance for any insight.

Message 1 of 9 (1,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If you promoted 32 characters, then by logic your N7 ranking could have never been over 2000. You get 10 N7 ranking-points for promoting and need 20 levels to be able to promote. Makes 30 N7-ranking points per promotion in total. 32 times 30 equals 960 N7 points plus what you have currently leveled. So the 1056 seem right. What makes you think you had 2000? Did you by any chance mix it up with your challenge points?

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (1,313 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you check your rating on N7 HQ? In-game, the rating is sometimes incorrectly displayed in the game lobbies.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That's right, to be more precisely,  it can display the N7 rating/challenge points of another player of the lobby.

Just click on any nickname (like you want to see more details of class,weapons,stuff of any players) and that will correct it.

Message 3 of 9 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

On N7HQ my N7 rating is 1056.  I just checked.  In terms of multiplayer I am the only one who is ever in the lobby.  I don't usually play with others.  I'm not really concerned with social standing.  I simply play to increase the  N7 war assets value in single player.  My question is weather or not the decreased value of my N7 rating in multiplayer will be reflected in singe player and if a promotion in multiplayer will be properly reflected in single player.  Thank you for the reply.

Message 4 of 9 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If you promoted 32 characters, then by logic your N7 ranking could have never been over 2000. You get 10 N7 ranking-points for promoting and need 20 levels to be able to promote. Makes 30 N7-ranking points per promotion in total. 32 times 30 equals 960 N7 points plus what you have currently leveled. So the 1056 seem right. What makes you think you had 2000? Did you by any chance mix it up with your challenge points?

Message 5 of 9 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Novice

My N7 ranking was 2400 the last time I promoted a character.  I have been keeping track of it on paper since I started playing multiplayer early last year.  The challenge points did not change.  I'm a little strange that way.  If for some reason I was receiving too many points per promotion, I'm okay with the correction.  I don't really have anybody to compare notes with.  It was simply a shock to see the number changed all of a sudden.  Thanks for the insight and help.

Message 6 of 9 (1,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If it wasn't the challenge points, maybe you meant the War-Assets in the Single Player campaing? As those are 75 War Assets per promoted character, so you'd be at exactly the 2400 you mentioned, which would be a rather odd coincidence if it were unrelated. Only that these are War-Assets, not N7 ranking. Difference is N7 ranking is your ranking in the N7 leaderboard in multiplayer and the War Assets are the Single Player representation of your promotions. So those are two different things - one a Multiplayer-ranking which you can see online on your N7HQ page and in Multiplayer and the other War Asset points for the campaign, when you look at your Military Strenght-rating in the War room on the Normandy - afaik you cannot see the War Assets online, you have to go ingame.

If that's still not it, that'd be the first time I've heard of something like this happening. I've had the occasional hickup after a match, where my progress wasn't recorded and I lost the levels, XP and credits I gained during those matches, but that was limited to the match or the same matches with a host for this time, so I never lost more than a few levels at most. I've promoted 377 times, so I'd know if there was something wrong with my N7 ranking, yet it is pretty much dead on with what to expect from 30 N7-ranking points times number of promotions. I can't think of any situation where you'd get more N7 rankings per promotions as the calculation is alsways the same - 20 levels plus 10 bonus per promoted character.

Message 7 of 9 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for all the help 1ago.  The war-assets value in single player is still the same (2400).   That is all that really matters to me.  I really appreciate the information and insight. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,192 Views)

★★ Pro

Then everything is OK, War Assets and N7 ranking can never be the same, as the one gives you 75 points, the other 30 per promotion, which leads to your two values.

Message 9 of 9 (1,190 Views)