Me3 Multiplayer Freeze Crashing

by Glaz101

Original Post

Me3 Multiplayer Freeze Crashing

★ Novice

Hello. 

I reinstalled Me3 to play multiplayer. (onto a 850 EVO SSD) (Win 10). 

The game ran fine, until it started freeze crashing my pc and forcing a shut down. 

The longest I played was close to an hour without a crash, then the game crashed in the middle of a match, (don't remember map, but game crashes on any map). 

The game has also crashed while changing equipment for a character or assigning powers. 

This game is literally going to break my pc, I'm sure these same problems are happening on the steam version, I haven't tried that version yet. 

I have included a DxDiag file for those needing. 

Solutions I've Tried that haven't stopped the crashes:

- Turned off ALL anti virus
- Turned off Origin overlay and cloud save 
- Updated GPU drivers to latest 
- Lowered GPU voltage and under clocked 
- Did RAM diagnostic testing, (no errors) 
- Changed refresh rate to 60, (i've read certain games crash from higher refresh rates or fps rates) 
- Not using a SLI setup
- CPU isn't over clocked

Only thing i can think of is power drawing during game time and somehow voltage spiking to cause crash? No idea either way how this is happening. 

Can EA honestly REBOOT and update these old games? 

Message 1 of 4 (784 Views)

Re: Me3 Multiplayer Freeze Crashing

@Glaz101 

It is only the game that crashes? Meaning the Computer itself is still running normally after the game crashes?

Go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "MassEffect3.exe" ot the "Origin.exe"

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, save it to a text file and load it up with your next reply.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (744 Views)

★ Novice

I stated that the game crash causes the entire PC to freeze and force a shut down / restart. 

The PC does not respond after the freeze and does NOT run normally during that time period. 

The audio also loops during the freeze, I've experienced this on other game crashes before. 

The report is posted. 

Hoping EA will have a team look into updating ME3 or improving the game. 

Message 3 of 4 (731 Views)

@Glaz101 

Glaz101 wrote:

Hoping EA will have a team look into updating ME3 or improving the game. 

The game is 7 Years old, I am afraid that updates are very unlikely.

The game crashes with an standard Access violation, this is most probably a problem on the system it runs on and not with the game itself. But this kind of error can have many reasons.

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • In the new Window, type or copy and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) > Press ENTER
  • Look if there are any "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files in the "..Local\CrashDumps" folder.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at a free file hosting service like Dropbox.
  • Post the link here.

If there aren't any dump files of ME3:

• Press the Windows key > Write: Command Prompt > Right click on "Command Prompt" in the search results > Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" (Without the quotation marks at beginning and end of the line, so the quotation marks before "HKLM" and after "devenv.exe" need to stay in) into the command prompt Window > Press ENTER.
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • After the game crashes, let all Windows crash dialogues finish.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time. > Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) into the new window > Press ENTER.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at free file hosting service like Dropbox.
  • Post the link here.

If you want to undo the automatic dump creation, use the command below in a elevated command prompt (As in point 1) reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (722 Views)