Betreff: Mass

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass

★★★★ Novice

Due to the loss of my ME1 and ME2 Save Games and me not wanting to repeat my usual ME1 ,,almost 100% run" that I usually do, I've used a Paragon Male Shep Save Game from the Nexus Mods site. The choices of the person who uploaded it were almost the same as mine, except one ,,tiny" bit - despite romancing Liara T'soni like I did, He saved Ashley Williams instead of Kaidan Alenko.

I always hated Ashley, but having trouble with finding a good ME1 Save Editor, I've replayed ME2 with this flawed Save. The object of my despise appeared only once so I quickly forgot about the issue, especially because of quite a big gap between me playing ME2 and ME3.

Then, after Importing the Save Game to ME3, the old wounds have re-opened. I'm still at the Earth, so editing my final ME2 save is still a viable option. The question is if and how can I do this?

Message 1 of 8 (775 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@TyranidRavener

I always let Alenko die. He is so boring...   So I hope you see what kind of sacrifice this guide is. Wink

• Here you can find the editor.
  • Unzip the editor > run the editor.
  • Load your final save game from ME2.
  • Go to the "Plot" tab > ME1 imported plot table.
  • Go to the "Flags" tab beneath > Scroll down to "[Virmire] Rescued Ashely] > uncheck.
  • Check "[Virmire] Rescued Kaidan]"
  • Go to the "ME1 Plot table" Tab.
  • Do the same there.
  • Save to a new slot. [Rename the "Save_0052.pcsav" (for example) to "Save_0053.pcsav"]
  • Import the save into ME3.

You also can change this settings at the beginning of ME2, (In your first save in a new ME2 game) and then set the "End game state" under the "RAW" table to "LivedTo FightAgain".

If you import this save into ME2 as a "New game +" you will see Alenko on Horizon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (761 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@TyranidRavener

I always let Alenko die. He is so boring...   So I hope you see what kind of sacrifice this guide is. Wink

• Here you can find the editor.
  • Unzip the editor > run the editor.
  • Load your final save game from ME2.
  • Go to the "Plot" tab > ME1 imported plot table.
  • Go to the "Flags" tab beneath > Scroll down to "[Virmire] Rescued Ashely] > uncheck.
  • Check "[Virmire] Rescued Kaidan]"
  • Go to the "ME1 Plot table" Tab.
  • Do the same there.
  • Save to a new slot. [Rename the "Save_0052.pcsav" (for example) to "Save_0053.pcsav"]
  • Import the save into ME3.

You also can change this settings at the beginning of ME2, (In your first save in a new ME2 game) and then set the "End game state" under the "RAW" table to "LivedTo FightAgain".

If you import this save into ME2 as a "New game +" you will see Alenko on Horizon.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 8 (762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree that in ME1 Alenko is really boring. He's the worst romance option in the whole game (from what I've heard) and You can talk to him only twice on the ship in the entire game as male Shepard (That I know for sure). He's not a racist thought and Chawkas provides some interesting background on him. But allegedly in ME3 he's a lot better character and even if not - he'll be ,,lesser evil" to me.

Thanks for the help, I didn't know You could use this Save Editor to do that (I've only used it once to cheat the survival of Chakwas, Kelly and Cerberus Personel because of DLC characters counting towards plot mission triggering and I was doing all the side missions).

Message 3 of 8 (750 Views)

@TyranidRavener

If you explore Ashley's background story a little more in ME1, you'll see that the character wasn't designed to be racist.
Controversial, yes, but not racist. 
Bioware made it not easy to see that with this initial conversation between Shepard and her and this one Citadel punchline.

But if you bring her to the conversation with the Terra Firma guy, or compare her view to that organizations in the conversation between Shepard and her, it will get pretty clear.

Message 4 of 8 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The weird name happened after the initial import to ME2.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 8 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TyranidRavener

You can change the name inside the editor too. (Main Tab)

(Link to save)

Message 6 of 8 (715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank You so much! It's a shame I can't give You more Kudos though.

Message 7 of 8 (693 Views)

@TyranidRavener

You're welcome! Have fun gaming.

Message 8 of 8 (668 Views)