Mass effect 3 will not launch on windows 10

by fishstick41

Original Post

Re: Mass effect 3 will not launch on windows 10

[ Edited ]

@thepokey

Please post the "dism.log" and the "CBS.log" (the "CBS.log" might be to big. If so copy the last 1000 or so (look at the date) entries to a different text file.)

Also post a new "DxDiag".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 51 of 68 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Novice

No probs, here they both are

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 52 of 68 (1,760 Views)

@thepokey

I edited my post. Angel Sorry about that.

I have to work tonight, I will have a look at the files then.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 53 of 68 (1,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

haha no worries, I was thinking you couldn't possibly have read them that quickly!

CBS log is too large, so I copied every line in it from today (25/7) and put it into the attached file which was more than the 1000 you'd get in the text field here I guess

Message 54 of 68 (1,747 Views)

@thepokey

Sorry for the late answer, AHQ decided to being naughty.

It seems that your Windows ComponentStore got corrupted or was not correctly initialized in the first place.
To repair this is a little more complicated than the stuff we did until now. (How much experience do you have with this type of troubleshooting? )

Lets try something easier before:

• Create a new user account (Administrator)
  • Reboot > log on to the new user account > test the game.
  • If it don't works, delete all files with the *.cab file extension in the  ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\directx\redist" folder.
  • Run the "DXSETUP.exe" in the same folder again, and again as an Administrator (right click the "DXSETUP.exe" > Run as an Administrator)
  • Reboot > log on to the new account > test.

Message 55 of 68 (1,704 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have absolutely no experience in that area!

Ok so, in both the regular account and new user account there are no files with .cab extensions. I've seen videos on youtube of people doing this and I've seen all the files that exist in that folder. However, for me, as well as the 3 files they recommend to keep, all the other files are just .rar files which haven't been extracted yet. So I tried various things like deleting all the .rar files and running DXSETUP again, or I tried extracting the .rar files etc... none of that seemed to make a difference.

Message 56 of 68 (1,688 Views)

@thepokey

@thepokey wrote:

Ok so, in both the regular account and new user account there are no files with .cab extensions. I've seen videos on youtube of people doing this and I've seen all the files that exist in that folder. However, for me, as well as the 3 files they recommend to keep, all the other files are just .rar files which haven't been extracted yet. So I tried various things like deleting all the .rar files and running DXSETUP again, or I tried extracting the .rar files etc... none of that seemed to make a difference.

Ok, that is strange...

See this post in another thread > follow the same instruction > report the result.

Message 57 of 68 (1,677 Views)

★★★ Novice
Not getting much luck here Frown

The first install didn't work as the link suggested, so I tried installing the DirectX Software Development Kit but that wouldn't work and I got this error:

Setup failed
Errors were encountered during installation of redistribution packages. Please close all programs and try running setup again.
Error code: S1023

This happened even after I closed all programs and after trying to install after a fresh restart.
Message 58 of 68 (1,655 Views)

[ Edited ]

@thepokey

The solution for that error is in the next post from me, sorry should have mentioned that.

Message 59 of 68 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Novice
It worked! I have no idea what that actually did, but after deleting the existing 2010 files and then reinstalling DXSDK and restarting the game launched with no issue. I'm still baffled as to why it originally launched on its first install no problems ... hopefully it won't go back to doing this but I guess if it does now I know how to fix it? Again, thanks so much for the advice!
Message 60 of 68 (1,631 Views)