Mass effect 3 not starting or crashing right after clicking start, windows10

by shiroecortana

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 3 not starting or crashing right after clicking start, windows10

★★ Novice

So i got a problem, i just installed mass effect 3 again after a couple of years and now it will not start no matter what i do.

I can click play, then the intro cutscene starts but it freezes after about 1 sec and then closes.

I tried:

Disabled origins in-game

replacing EAcode.dll and AWC.dll with others

running  both origins and ME3 in compability mode for Windows XP SP 2 and 3 and windows 7

removing and updating DirectX

Updating GPU drivers

deleting all the MP dlc.

tried a cleanboot

Changing to windowed mode in ME config tool

None works and its a bit annoying

Message 1 of 3 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass effect 3 not starting or crashing right after clicking start, windows10

★★ Novice
i did get it fixed, it was corrupted game save files.
No idea how it could been corrupted since i barely had any progress at all, was only to about when i get access to the ship for the 1st time.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (536 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass effect 3 not starting or crashing right after clicking start, windows10

@shiroecortana

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (554 Views)

★★ Novice
i did get it fixed, it was corrupted game save files.
No idea how it could been corrupted since i barely had any progress at all, was only to about when i get access to the ship for the 1st time.
Message 3 of 3 (537 Views)