Mass effect 3 crashes on startup [PC]

by shepard427

Original Post

Re: Mass effect 3 crashes on startup [PC]

★★ Novice

@shepard427 wrote:

I bought the Mass effect trilogy for PC and at first it worked fine MP ran well, but for some reason all of a sudden Mass effect 3 now crashes at the press any button menu after the BioWare and EA omnitool thing, I've tried reinstalling ME3 and Origin but it didn't work. Can anyone help?

I found that Origin had turned into a zombie process on my PC (Win 7 X64, SP1) and pulling up the process manager and killing Origin, my game would then start up normally. Unfortunately, I have to do this almost every time I exit and try to restart the game. I hate having to have Origin installed just to play a game I paid good money for... But there it is. I hope this helps you or anyone else who has this problem. This i what works for me.

Message 21 of 24 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been working on this for days. Even reinstalled windows and spent an hour chatting with EA Support. Deleting local_profile.sav brought it right up.  At least I got a clean windows install, and my saves were all on another drive so, no need to redownload. Thank you!

Message 22 of 24 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Deleting my save file fixed the crash issue... but now I need to get my save back. I already made a copy of it, but how would I make sure the game doesn't crash anymore, and I get my old save?

Message 23 of 24 (712 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, the save itself might just be corrupted. If you kept multiple saves you can try going into the individual soldier files and try deleting the most recent one, then try to copy it back into the initial location at My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 24 of 24 (705 Views)