Re: Mass effect 3 crashes on startup [PC]

by horribile1971

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hey everyone.

listen carefully as this may irritate you but make things a whole crap load better idk yet bcuz you all might have put alot of time into mass efffec

do exactly this.

go to you documents folder>bioware>mass effect 3

after you get there then DELETE THE ENTIRE SAVE FOLDER!!

then after you do go into origin then right click mass effect 3>check game details>go to cloud storage>uncheck enable cloud storage for all games

this will keep origin/cloud from redownloading your old saves which for some reason have become incompatible with the recent updates for mass effect or origin im not sure which yet

best part is you dont have to remove any dlc!! i have all the one i had installed before and it works fine!

i saw this fix on another page and as soon as i did it, mass effect three completely blew past the bioware/omnitool logo and started like normal

i hope this helps anyone

Message 11 of 24 (5,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This las solution works for me , but a questio u cant import  ME2 character ?

Message 12 of 24 (5,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

appendix42 - big thx for Your solution.

I had problem with crashing just when ME tried to connect with EA servers to check my DLCs. turning off using Origin in the game solved the problem.

but EA sholud remember that this is only workaround and I think the problem is somewhere deeper. they should investigate this.

Message 13 of 24 (5,431 Views)

★★ Novice

this worked for me on the ME3 crashes when authorizing DLC issue (EA case 11411131

Message 14 of 24 (5,416 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I wanna say it's the last game I bought from EA. I just from job and wanted to relax with the game.

All I had it's the game crash.

First I can't play with a language I want to play.

Second all manipulations resulted with a dollar sign with digits against the text.

WTF!!!!

Message 15 of 24 (5,356 Views)

★ Novice

Last week I was locked out because the game couldn't connect to the EA server.  Tonight I can't play because I am getting a toggled Checking Downloadable Content window that won't stop.

I am an engineer.  I could solve this problem by digging into the various files, calling EA for help or doing more work to play a game with DLC that i've paid over $100 for.

But I'm not going to.

EA:  That's the last $100 you get from me until you put your games out DRM free or up on Steam.  I don't have the time or the patience for this anymore.

Message 16 of 24 (5,346 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've tried multiple fix to it and I found that the problem was that the Local_Profiles.sav files in the Save Folder was corupted after installing a DLC. I deleted it and had no trouble playing again. I didn't have to delete the entire ME3 folder in My Documents.
Message 17 of 24 (5,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've been playing the game for weeks, totaling about 35 hours and it started crashing, I tried removing the documents file and validating the game files, but in the end I found out that it was only crashing while it is in full screen mode and I can run it fine in a window (which is anoying). I'm not sure why this has suddenly started happening.

-------------

UPDATE: I turned off origin in-game and it works fine now. Standard smile

Message 18 of 24 (4,786 Views)

★★ Guide

@Errentos wrote:

I've been playing the game for weeks, totaling about 35 hours and it started crashing, I tried removing the documents file and validating the game files, but in the end I found out that it was only crashing while it is in full screen mode and I can run it fine in a window (which is anoying). I'm not sure why this has suddenly started happening.

-------------

UPDATE: I turned off origin in-game and it works fine now. Standard smile

Errentos,

Thanks for coming back and sharing the solution to your issue with us.

Message 19 of 24 (4,779 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this works!

Message 20 of 24 (4,601 Views)