Re: Mass Effect Trilogy for Nintendo Switch?

by WhereIsMyBanana

Original Post

Mass Effect Trilogy for Nintendo Switch?

★ Apprentice

I've recently bought Nintendo Switch and I love it. What I'd love to see more is MET on it. Does anyone know if there're any plans of releasing it out there? Having it on the go would be the best thing ever.

Message 1 of 7 (15,284 Views)

Hero

I doubt it. Mass Effect 3 was released on Wii U and I don't think that sold well. I think the trilogy is old enough now that EA may not be interested in another re-release.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (15,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
It didn't sell well because it was only one game and the price was really high compared to xbox and ps. Buying the full trilogy on other platforms was a better choice because you got the whole thing. But switch has sold 15m units in less than a year, it's powerful enough and plenty of people are interested in getting this title on it. If people want it, it means they'll buy it and that means profit so I see no reason why would EA not be interested in earning money without investing millions into the project. And it was said there's a possibility if switch will do good and people will be interested. Both things are there - switch is selling great, people are interested.
Message 3 of 7 (15,240 Views)

Hero

I want to see Mass Effect coming to Switch as well, but historically EA hasn't been big on re-releases. They only have two games on Switch at the moment and both are new games (FIFA 18 and Fe).

Perhaps they'll start re-releasing some games for Switch soon. Mass Effect runs on Unreal Engine 3, which can be ported to Switch, as was proven by Rocket League developer Psyonix (who also co-developed Mass Effect 3's multiplayer).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (15,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

They're re-releasing one game this year (can't remember the title) and they promised to bring big titles to Switch. MET and DA are on the biggest titles list.

Message 5 of 7 (15,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes! They'd better release the whole trilogy on the switch... EA would definately make a huge profit on this one. The first game came out in 2007.. especially the younger audience hasn't played it yet. Also blizzard realized the potential as well as the profit they can make by releasing diablo 3 on the switch. 

Message 6 of 7 (11,545 Views)

★★ Novice
Could not agree more. The trilogy needs a switch release.
Message 7 of 7 (10,155 Views)