Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered

by aleq2000

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I agree. Rather than giving up pointless new titles with no soul and super realistic graphics, why not play it safe and remaster the gems that are already considered to be classics.

Message 11 of 17 (2,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really hope that you guys are definitely considering remastering this trilogy. I know so many people that would jump at the chance of buying it. I hope that if you did you would actually have a better outcome for a shepherd. Maybe a good way to end it is have her team find her in the rubble. Because even racking up the thousands of points you needed in order to “live“, it was still a lackluster ending. I absolutely love this game. And I wish Moore was concentrated on this game instead of the Andromeda that was released that was a complete waste of money. I apologize but, even for it only being three years old the graphics were just terrible. And I just bought it

Message 12 of 17 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would love to see a full remake, and since it is pretty much confirmed by EA that a remake is in the make, there are a large number of things they should improve and alter over the entire trilogy. My personal list (and i really hope EA / Bioware will include at least some of them)

- More stability in the game: This is mainly preformance since some areas are much heavier in terms of VRam than others... especially when it comes to large amounts of foliage in areas. But also bugfixes. I still get issues with the first dream-sequence in ME3

- One Main .exe file: So we won't have to fiddle around with save-file transfers and all that. Now the saves are automatically part of the main folder so we won't have to import them, manually or otherwise. Do the same that they did with the Halo franchise on Steam. One main .exe file and the game itself asks you which Halo you want to play.

- Better visuals: And this means ALL VISUALS. Not just graphics, textures and meshes.... but also animations, facial expressions, cutscenes, lighting and much more. Mass Effect deserves a full remake, not a remaster that is pretty much nothing but a new coat of paint. Improve cutscenes like the Benezia Boss-fight in ME1. The fight between Samara and Morinth in ME2. The fight between Thane and Kai Leng in ME3 and so much more. Show us better biotic battles, more dynamic camera angles longer scenes with fewer cuts... that heavily improves the experience (just look at God of War 4. There are no camera cuts in the entire game and it makes it all look so amazing)

- Improved Gameplay: This goes without saying ofcourse, but it goes deeper than most think. For example:

----ME1 has the massive inventory with different weapons and armour that you can find and buy.

----ME2 has the heavy weapons and the different types of defences that are weak to different types of weapons (Biotic Barriers and Shields are weak to rapidfire weapons, and Armour is weak against slow, heavy fire weapons)

-----ME3 has the combo detonations when powers are used against the same enemy and has the weapon upgrade system with traits like Weight, Ammo capacity, Damage, Rate of Fire and Accuracy.

Apply the same mechanics to the entire trilogy. I personally love the ME3's system the best paired with the Barrier/shield/armour mechanics of ME2. Make sure the entire trilogy feels the same, and not just improved gameplay for each individual game. I see Mass Effect as one single game, and it should feel like that.

I am sure there are many other things that need improving, but these are from the top of my head.

I really hope EA and Bioware take this re-make seriously and won't make it an half-assed attempt at moneymaking.

Message 13 of 17 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

IFAIK, no "remake" has even been hinted at.  Just a "remaster" to take advantage of (more) modern graphics boards and processors.  So if  this happens, (and no one from EA or BioWare had actually confirmed that it will) don't expect any bug fixes or content changes.

Message 14 of 17 (1,470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello EA. I came back here to say THANK YOU. When I heared your announcement about Legendary Edition I was really happy and very surprised! You really hear what players are saying, well sometimes ;p but this one is a good one! I feel this will be a good success and hit after all these years from the final of trilogy. People are sentimental creatures and this will be a pure dose of memories in a good quality Wink

May I feel the part of people who helped you make this decision about Legendary Edition, I hope? You even used this word in the title which I proposed hihi Standard smile)) Also I'm happy I sent you a letter by your 'help center' about this idea. Once again - thank you and wish you luck in all your workings. Oh maybe would you be so nice and send to me a postcard with signs of ME dev-team ^^ I'd be so proud Standard smile)

Message 15 of 17 (1,219 Views)

Great to see you're happy.

I too am very much looking forward to it. Standard smile

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 17 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is called Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Google it EA and Bioware is keeping it hush-hush secret Mum's the word. I am a gamer inthe USA and this has been confirmed back on N7 DAY 2020

Message 17 of 17 (1,162 Views)