Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered

★★★★ Novice

Hello EA. I'd love to save the galaxy one more time, but on my PS4. This trilogy was one from your biggest success, so maybe it would be a good time after Andromeda's fail to remaster it, put together and with all DLCs. Transfer it on a Frostbite Engine 😍 I would buy it instantly! "Legendary Mass Effect Trilogy"

Message 1 of 17 (22,439 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Exactly! 😉 Also meet all old "friends", see new brand butt of Miranda on Frostbite (don't even try to make it flat EA, becouse your new trends in a correctness) haha 😗😀 or sacrifice Kaidan 😂

I just prepared a graphic on Instagram to share and hashtags #MElegendary #newshepard

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (22,393 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post @whitevox.

I'm not aware of any plans to remaster the trilogy but I'd be happy to see it happen. Be nice to spend countless hours just driving about and having a blast.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 17 (22,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Exactly! 😉 Also meet all old "friends", see new brand butt of Miranda on Frostbite (don't even try to make it flat EA, becouse your new trends in a correctness) haha 😗😀 or sacrifice Kaidan 😂

I just prepared a graphic on Instagram to share and hashtags #MElegendary #newshepard

Message 3 of 17 (22,394 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

The former BioWare general manager - Aaryn Flynn - mentioned a possible remaster once on NeoGAF. Aaryn Flynn quit BioWare after the release of Mass Effect Andromeda, so I'm not sure if that's still on the table, if it ever was.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-mass-effect-community-thread.616046/page-65#post-137643298

As for transferring to Frostbite 3: That would make it a remake instead of a remaster, and it would be wildly expensive to make. One of the developers on both ME3 and ME Andromeda said in a series of tweets that Frostbite is the worst engine he ever worked with. A lot of the systems that BioWare created for the Mass Effect trilogy were absent from Frostbite 3, which is probably why the end result of ME Andromeda was so unpolished. The result would probably be a lot better if they stuck with the current engine (Unreal Engine 3) and added improvements to that. I'm secretly hoping that EA won't force BioWare to use Frostbite for their next games, but that's not gonna happen.

Edit: A couple of the above mentioned tweets by gameplay designer Manveer Heir (I had to censor some words because of forum guidelines):

"EA would make Frostbite the engine of choice for a text adventure on mobile if they could... it wou...

"I have PTSD from 4+ years of trying to make MEA on Frostbite, AMA"

Frostbite is easily the worst, [bleep], most pain in the [bleep] engine I've ever used in my career,...😬

"The exact same game design in Unreal vs. Frostbite will take dozens more engineers, money, and time...

So yeah, if there will be a remaster, I expect it would still be on the Unreal Engine.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 17 (22,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same.  This is my Number One want in the entire gaming industry right now.  Bioware, give me that 4K remaster of the Mass Effect Trilogy!  Instant buy.

-All DLCs included

-Available for either this gen or next for Xbox/PlayStation (I don't play on PC)

-New Achievements/Trophies

Message 5 of 17 (22,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, not much changed, but I just had a chat with a nice guy from helpcenter and he received my suggestion and idea about this case. Now when Unreal Engine 4 is coming, that would be an amazing option to remake Trilogy :* I was thinking about to start a petition or something. I suggested to this guy like a voting for the players made by EA, that they could see if people really want it. We'll see

Message 6 of 17 (21,943 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@whitevox the forstbite isn't a good engine imo. UE 4 is a more viable engine to make a Remastered version as you speak but an "engine upgrade" doesn't mean a "game content upgrade". Usually remastered mean improved or better textures sometimes new 3d models but the rest of the game content (textures, animation, 3d models, audio fx, audio music and so on) isn't changed. Engine wise it can be slightly improved to run on newer hardware & OS.
Message 7 of 17 (14,755 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Frostbite software was a total failure and a big disaster! With Mass Effect Andromeda E. A. used the severely aged, highly Unstable and extremely volitile and explosive Frostbite engine. That was E. A/Bioware's undoing and Achille's Heel. E. A. Should have stuck with the Unreal Engine. If Andromeda and the Mass Effect Trilogy is ever remade and Remastered with ALL AVAILABLE DLC INCLUDING PRE-ORDER DLC I would  definitely buy it. E. A. Has been struggling to make a profit for the last 4 years now.  I am an Xbox Insider Alpha Level Tester and have been with Xbox Insider since May of this year. Mass Effect Andromeda used the Frostbite engine and is riddled with bugs and glitches and the only patches were multi-player and I heard scuttlebutt that game developers will go back to single player games that 1-4  players can join your game like  the classic Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. True Andromeda still has potential for 4-k but has to be re-updated  and include the promised Dlcs for the newer generation of consoles. 

Message 8 of 17 (14,188 Views)

Hero

@openingdragon28 wrote:

the only patches were multi-playe

There were loads of single -player patches as well. Somehow they never fixed either of the sprint modes, though. 'Hold to sprint' is still a toggle, and 'toggle mode' can't be toggled off if you're pressing the 'move forward' key.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 17 (14,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would absolutely buy it all again remastered on Unreal 3. Everything super high-res, etc. I think, like everyone else really, would be that all three games and DLC would have to be exactly like the originals... just fully remastered. Gawd I would play the frak out of all three again and again. More so than I do now of course lol

Message 10 of 17 (13,887 Views)