Re: Mass Effect Server is Unavailable. - Really?

by jellicoeh

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I said it may be a combination of those actions. I understand that those actions alone aren't the solution. You may need to, for example, reinstall and try going online with a friend's internet connection. That's what I mean.

Message 21 of 42 (1,074 Views)

★ Apprentice

The fact is that most of us have tried those steps in various ways and they haven't worked - it's definitely on the server side of things, not the client's side.

Message 22 of 42 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sure it's their fault. It's just weird that I stopped having issues when I did all 3 of those things last week. I went to my friend's house, upgraded to Windows 7, reinstalled everything, and tried to log on to show him what the issue was that we PC players were having since he is on the 360.

Message 23 of 42 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

To be specific, it's all happened since the last patch

Message 24 of 42 (1,040 Views)

★ Apprentice

In my case the current issues only began on Thursday, after I was able to connect and completed the Halloween Challenge.

Message 25 of 42 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

THIS IS SOLVED!!!! TRY UPDATING THE GAME IN ORIGIN. EA THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest update addresses this problem and im sure many of us are greatful.

Message 26 of 42 (948 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah !

works fine for me too now.

Message 27 of 42 (931 Views)

★★ Novice

Working for me as well.  Doesn't leave me any happier about how long this has been an issue with no response from EA about it.  Still think it's a horrible idea to have games that many people use as a single player game the vast majority of the time still requires connecting to the EA servers before you can play it.  Makes me feel like I'm borrowing the game from them, not owning it.

Message 28 of 42 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Working for me too. Can now look forward to end of the month and Omega DLC.

Message 29 of 42 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I completely agree, this issue was ignored and has consequently angered many loyal customers. I've read elsewhere that EA had only just addressed this issue recently, despite the many complaints that started over a month previously. It must have been a simple technical problem that could have been solved a long time ago. I'm just glad am able to play my new DLC. But, I can most definitely wait new releases. Next time I install a new patch/dlc, i will be worried.

Message 30 of 42 (893 Views)