Re: Mass Effect 3 wont launch - No error message

by ServiusTheBear

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 wont launch - No error message

★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys/ EA

For the past 4 months now i have not been able to launch, at all, a game i PAID for in mass effect 3.

When i first purchased it, it worked fine and I loved it, but at some point after the leviathan update, i have not been able to launch the game, no matter what i have tried.

Origin, and the game, is installed in the (x86) folder of my computer, so i doubt it would be a 64bit compatability issue. I have tried using the repair install feature, no luck, i have tried what others have said, in renaming the origin file IGO32.dll to no avail, deleting my temp folder, and closing all but SYSTEM, Local Service and Network Service process, still with no luck. and literally went to the extreme of uninstalling, then redownloing the entire 14gb game, just to find out it again would not launch.

I get no error message when trying to launch, the little 'launching and syncing cloud data' dialogue box pops up for a couple of seconds, then the mass effect icon pops up, appearing to load, however the screen flashes black, and the icon has dissapeared, and the game, closed, with no process running for it in task manager.

It has really frusterated me that in trying every single thing the internet has to offer, i still can not play a game i paid for, and its making me regret that decision.

I can launch and play other games which i own on origin such as battlefield 3 and crysis 3, however the issue just seems to be with this game.

I shall insert a link to my dxdiag.txt file which has just been run in order for you to inspect any possible system compatability issues that may be present.

(Link hereStandard smile     http://speedy.sh/DvYqQ/DxDiag-64bit.txt

I really do want to play this game again, and any help here would be really appreciated and perhaps restore my faith in origin as a viable virtual game platform.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Message 1 of 9 (8,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We all seem to be having this same issue with windows 7 64 bit -  so will talk about this issue on this thread here with others

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/Can-t-get-ME-3-to-run/m-p/1068682#U1068682

Message 2 of 9 (8,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lots of recent posts with same issue- reinstalling Origin seems to work. Must be an issue with the latest patch.

Message 3 of 9 (7,351 Views)

★ Novice

I've uninstalled, reinstalled Origin and ME3 several times. Game refuses to launch no matter what I do. Frown

Message 4 of 9 (7,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved!!!!

-Right Click on ME3 and go to "Game Properties..."

-Check mark "Disable Origin in Game for this game"

-Click "OK"

-ME3 should launch in a few seconds

This video really helped me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0pz58MR3Ok

Message 5 of 9 (6,417 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@brownrat12 wrote:

Solved!!!!

-Right Click on ME3 and go to "Game Properties..."

-Check mark "Disable Origin in Game for this game"

-Click "OK"

-ME3 should launch in a few seconds

This video really helped me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0pz58MR3Ok

Sadly that does not work for me Frown This is frustrating as this game and its others worked before fine!

Message 6 of 9 (6,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've the same problem. Tried just about everything listed. Posted this already and just found this thread too

Just reinstalled the game today - completed it a few years ago and playing through the trilogy again with all the extras

Installed fine, but the game just will not load

Whether I hit 'Play' in Origin or run MassEffect3.exe directly I get nothing. It syncs cloud storage, the process runs for about 10s (as viewed in task manager) then just closes - no error message or anything else

I've tried reinstalling 3 times now, the Origin client also. I've made sure that Origin is running as administrator and followed as much of the advice in this thread that is relevant: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/265182-not-compatible-with-64-bit

So I've updated and repaired the game multiple times (MassEffect3.exe file size never changes for me though it's always 22.368.640 Bytes - although the repair does seem to do something and update appeared to the first time also

Setting the .exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode does not help, neither does running it as admin directly. If Origin is not open then the game runs that and performs the same non-functional loop

Only thing mentioned there that I've been unable to try is a full reinstall of windows (those that tried have always mentioned it did not help anyway), and the secureROM items as I have no mtka_tmp directory that I can find anywhere

I'm pretty stumped

Useful facts:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k

GPU: Nvidia 970

installed on SSD with 15gb+ of space left (main C: drive)

Message 7 of 9 (5,959 Views)

★ Novice

Thankyou very very much for the SOLVE, it works like a dream and on all my games.

Message 8 of 9 (3,753 Views)

★ Novice

Goto   BROWNRAT12.

FOLLOW Directions(very easy).

Tada have Problem  SOLVED

Message 9 of 9 (3,752 Views)