Re: Mass Effect 3 won't Start

by engel5

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 won't Start

★★ Novice

When I click on Play to start on Mass effect 3 Nothing happens no errors no anything.  Please help this has been going on for over 6 months now.  I have attached my DxDiag.txt. Thank

Message 1 of 14 (8,888 Views)

Hero

@Essential_713 It sure looks like you've been getting errors, your dxdiag is full of APPCRASH errors for ME3.

They all seem related to the awc.dll file, which seems to have been a common issue in the past. Please see this thread and see if the posted solution works for you. If not, please let us know. Thanks Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 14 (8,878 Views)

★★ Novice

I replaced both of those files and I still have the same thing happen.  Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

Message 3 of 14 (8,861 Views)

@Essential_713

Repair your game. (in Origin > my games > right click ME3 > Repair Game)

After that test. If it still not works, shut down Origin completely and replace the "awc.dll" with the one from this link.

Do it this way:

- Make sure Origin and your game are not running.

- Unzip or extract the contents to your desktop.

- Go to your binaries\core folder: ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\Core"

- Make a backup copy of your AWC.dll.

- Move the new "awc.dll" file from your desktop into the ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\Core" folder.

- Test the game (run it from Origin)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 14 (8,848 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried both of those suggestions still doesn't start.  Any other suggestions.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 14 (8,844 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Essential_713

Please create a new DxDiag, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER) and look if it has ME3 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 14 (8,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

repleacing awc file helps. thanks !

Message 7 of 14 (8,718 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem, I would click on either the mass effect icon, or in origin.

Nothing worked just a loading wheel for a few seconds and nothing happends. No errors just nothing.

I did all the things I read on the forums online these include:

1. replace de awc.dll and de EAcore files

2. reinstall both ME3 and Origin

3. reinstall origin on my C drive instead of one of my other drives.

4. read somewhere that the DLC Retaliation could lead to complications, so I kept that one uninstalled.

5. downloading the DLC's one by one manually and checking after each.

6. clean boot and reinstalling my graphical drivers

7. turn off origin in-game for ME3

8. use the repair files option

9. removing my save files to see if they might have been corrupted.

9. turn screen mode to windowed in the config.exe ME3 file (read that it had helped someone solve their problem)

All of the above things did not work for me and the frustrating thing was that I had checked almost every info source on this and for a lot of people the problem was either solved

or it remained a mysterie and no follow up answers were there.

I wanted to check 1 more thing, so I removed everything (origin and ME3) than started my windows 10 in safe mode with network and reinstalled both (first without DLC's later with)

it worked everytime, however as soon as I would switch to normal mode it wouldn't run anymore. So I made a list of all processes running in normal mode and the ones running in safe mode.

What worked for me, was when I found the one of the processes called RazerIngameEngine.exe when I terminated that process ME3 would always start for me.

So I looked it up and as far as I've seen it's non essential for running the razer software, so I went to the razer map and removed the whole RazerIngameEngine folder. So that I don't have to terminate it everything I fire up my pc.

I hope this helps for some of you. If not I hope you'll find a different solution to this problem. Don't know if it is necesarry, but here are my specs just incase:

hardware specs:
case: Corsair Graphite 780T
Mobo: Asus RoG Rampage V extreme
memory 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k CPU 3.30 GHZ
GPU: Asus GTX 980 RoG edition
SSD: intel 250GB
HDD: 6 TB HGST NAS disk
HDD : 3TB WD
CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken x62

Keyboard: logitech G910

mouse: Razer Mamba

Message 8 of 14 (8,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

where is the clipboard on my windows drive?

Message 9 of 14 (7,016 Views)

★★ Novice

For anybody reading this and have gone this far, I suggest one other thing, try uninstalling Origin all together and then reinstalling. It turns out, every time I attempted to play I would get an error message and it would not launch ME3. Prior to all of this I was moving some stuff around on my desktop and moved Origin to my second monitor, which for some reason forced my PC to crash. After that, I was never able to actually play, just continued to get the error message and it would never start. I uninstalled Origin, then reinstalled and voila, it now works. 

Message 10 of 14 (2,182 Views)