@GRIZ1754AVBR It sure looks like you've been getting errors, your dxdiag is full of APPCRASH errors for ME3.
They all seem related to the awc.dll file, which seems to have been a common issue in the past. Please see this thread and see if the posted solution works for you. If not, please let us know. Thanks
If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future.
I am a volunteer, not an EA employee.
Repair your game. (in Origin > my games > right click ME3 > Repair Game)
After that test. If it still not works, shut down Origin completely and replace the "awc.dll" with the one from this link.
Do it this way:
- Make sure Origin and your game are not running.
- Unzip or extract the contents to your desktop.
- Go to your binaries\core folder: ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\Core"
- Make a backup copy of your AWC.dll.
- Move the new "awc.dll" file from your desktop into the ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\Core" folder.
- Test the game (run it from Origin)
July 2016 - last edited July 2016
Please create a new DxDiag, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER) and look if it has ME3 entries.
If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.
I had the same problem, I would click on either the mass effect icon, or in origin.
Nothing worked just a loading wheel for a few seconds and nothing happends. No errors just nothing.
I did all the things I read on the forums online these include:
1. replace de awc.dll and de EAcore files
2. reinstall both ME3 and Origin
3. reinstall origin on my C drive instead of one of my other drives.
4. read somewhere that the DLC Retaliation could lead to complications, so I kept that one uninstalled.
5. downloading the DLC's one by one manually and checking after each.
6. clean boot and reinstalling my graphical drivers
7. turn off origin in-game for ME3
8. use the repair files option
9. removing my save files to see if they might have been corrupted.
9. turn screen mode to windowed in the config.exe ME3 file (read that it had helped someone solve their problem)
All of the above things did not work for me and the frustrating thing was that I had checked almost every info source on this and for a lot of people the problem was either solved
or it remained a mysterie and no follow up answers were there.
I wanted to check 1 more thing, so I removed everything (origin and ME3) than started my windows 10 in safe mode with network and reinstalled both (first without DLC's later with)
it worked everytime, however as soon as I would switch to normal mode it wouldn't run anymore. So I made a list of all processes running in normal mode and the ones running in safe mode.
What worked for me, was when I found the one of the processes called RazerIngameEngine.exe when I terminated that process ME3 would always start for me.
So I looked it up and as far as I've seen it's non essential for running the razer software, so I went to the razer map and removed the whole RazerIngameEngine folder. So that I don't have to terminate it everything I fire up my pc.
I hope this helps for some of you. If not I hope you'll find a different solution to this problem. Don't know if it is necesarry, but here are my specs just incase:
case: Corsair Graphite 780T
Mobo: Asus RoG Rampage V extreme
memory 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k CPU 3.30 GHZ
GPU: Asus GTX 980 RoG edition
SSD: intel 250GB
HDD: 6 TB HGST NAS disk
HDD : 3TB WD
CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken x62
Keyboard: logitech G910
mouse: Razer Mamba