[PC] Mass Effect 3 Won't Launch

by DeathXMetal92

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3 won't Launch

@mofusion 

There must be a underlying problem in Windows.

Did you checked your system for Viruses and malware (Rootkits)

At this point I would suggest a complete fresh installation of Windows.   

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 81 of 92 (2,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

@holger1405 

One game is not worth for me to do a clean reinstall of windows, that would mean days of work and some things may never work again. We tried everything but ME3 just does not want to work, i suspect that origin, or the combination, is the problem but cant do anything about it. I guess the trilogy is just 2 games for me unless i get a new computer in a few years of the legendary edition.

Thank you for your efforts and im sorry we couldnt solve this.

Message 82 of 92 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@holger1405 It worked for me. Dankeschön!
Message 83 of 92 (1,622 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just a note that the solution here (post #13) also solved the problem for me, now on the EA app. Vielen lieben Dank, @holger1405 .

Message 84 of 92 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this BS not fixed yet, just downloaded the dlc's and now first the game demand admine rights, so you give and then it is failed to launch

is it a wonder that people download cracked version when legal version are this much trouble?????

Message 85 of 92 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has anyone been able to get ME 3 to work? I tried re-downloading the game this week and it is asking me for activation but when I tried clicking the product key button it gives me an error. Talking to EA support is like talking to an AI that will just repeat whatever is common knowledge without no real help. I was just talking to support that suggested I reinstall the EA app which makes no sense to me because ME 3 isn't really tied to the app. But I gave it a shot anyways which required me to reboot my pc (not sure why EA app requires a full reboot when other apps like steam/epic don't) but I did it anyways. Now I can't even get back to live chat since the option isn't even there any more. This issue has been driving me insane for the past 3 days. I own the game I just aquired all the DLCs and wanted to replay it again but this one issue I can't resolve....

Message 86 of 92 (381 Views)

@MinusTee 

• Make sure EA app and Steam are closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Move the "License" folder to your desktop.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 87 of 92 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've tried this. I even tried this and the Revo uninstaller method and also deleted the file inside the license folder. Still the same issue. I tried uninstalling EA app and clearing cache. Redownloading the game and still the same. I even tried making a new admin account on my Windows 11 pc. Uninstalled EA app cleared cache. Redownload ME 3 moved the license to desktop on this new admin account and still the same issue. Do you have anymore bright ideas? I fully suspect this is a backend issue on the server side because it wont register my product key and gives me the error of me potentially being offline when I fully am able to use the sign in option to log in with my origin account.

Message 88 of 92 (366 Views)

★ Novice

Wow, after trying about a million things, moving the license folder worked.  Thank you!!!!!!

Message 89 of 92 (206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to add that my game also didn't launch anymore and what fixed it was disabling MSI Afterburner. I hope this might help some people.

Message 90 of 92 (28 Views)