Re: Mass Effect 3 will not launch

by historywiz

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@holger1405

Thanks for the help but I am really starting to think its something to do with origin because the only thing that has really changed with my PC is the client itself it was updated not too long ago and I have been reading some of the older post on EA help and there where a few quite a few years ago that where having the same issue with ME 3 not launching and showing no Error messages anywhere and they found out that it was something to do with the client update it did work before origin did a update so I kind of think its something like that. I'll wait some time to see if another update will come out and then attempt to run it again if it doesn't work I give up. I really don't think I should have to start another user account on my PC to make a goddam game work or make my PC run without every other thing that I need to run for things like my audio card and graphics cards and other software that I use.

Message 21 of 29 (1,343 Views)

@historywiz

The error code listed awc.dll or something like that was also listed in Battlefield 1 forums at one time.  There was some success in getting it to run by clearing the cache files of Origin making it redownload them. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/549971...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 29 (1,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep I tried both none worked still saying the awc.dll in a error report in the reliability monitor. Only good thing is I managed to get windows to update to 1703 I think it had something to do with the windows.old folder that my PC had that I renamed since it would let me delete it, locks up the file explorer if I try to delete it. I really think its a bug with Mass Effect 3 with windows 10 that EA and Bioware need to patch its * I have tried everything and am very unhappy with it. I have tried deleting the awc.dll file repair the game so it would re download it and still doesn't work I did put in a audio card that I had from before I put a graphics card too big for me to use the audio card since I upgraded my PC I don't know if that would cause anything the first time it crashed and caused the game to not work anymore the crash of the game was followed by a BSOD and a hardware crash but I really don't want to take apart my computer to find out if its the audio card or not. I also do not like the fact that the only way to get help is the forum sure some of the people know their stuff but I preferred it when you could have them call you. 

Message 23 of 29 (1,154 Views)

They should have a chat option to chat with an ea game advisor over on the official help forum of ea.com
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 24 of 29 (1,145 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I just looked through that and it does give you the option to chat online with them or have them call you I will try that after the weekend got too much things to do at the moment. I really hope they can help me fix this I really like playing all three of the original Mass Effect games it feels fulfilling to play from 1 to 3 with a character, even though Mass Effect 2 has crashes in certain spots the hallway below Liara's office and the Shadow Broker's ship but other than that the game works something I use to have problems with the original mass effect but when they did a small patch to the game it seemed to fix it I think they also made it so it could be played in 1920x1080 that it didn't have the option before. It troubles me that its only Mass Effect 3 that doesn't even launch all the other numerous games on my PC launch on demand mass effect 3 will not even launch after all the fixes I have tried.  

Message 25 of 29 (1,136 Views)

I can say it isn't an universal issue with ME3 because I am currently running a challenge with my son on two different computers with Win10, and ME3 on insanity.  Something with your particular setup is giving the game fits, and that is of course the tricky part.  I know I have just finished Priority:  Horizon mission and while it has crashed some, the game is still very playable, with maybe one crash a day and often multi-hour play time...well...last stretch ran about 7 hours straight....

Message 26 of 29 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My setup is well within its requirements its a i5 7500 that runs at 3.4 ghz per core 4 cores in all 8gb of ddr4 memory and a GTX 950 2gb with a Sound Blaster Recon 3D internal sound card with a Windows 10 build 1703 and the motherboard is a gigabyte gaming B8 if it isn't a problem with hardware its probably a problem with the game itself that the developers need to address as the game is still available for purchase more than likely need to update it to work with newer hardware if hardware is a problem. I am going to put the game on my brother's PC that also runs windows 10 pro to see if its my PC or the game itself as well as try to talk with a tech support guy by phone from EA and see if they can help resolve this issue it worked fine before a few months ago before I did the hardware change and the PC was running windows 10 then with no problems with any of the three mass effect games. I had a problem upgrading the build of windows 10 a few days ago that I resolved but when you can't update the build of windows 10 through the windows update it installs and runs the upgrade assistant that pops up and attempts to install the upgrade well it did this the last time I had mass effect 3 running just as it showed up on screen the dang upgrade assistant shows up over the game and it did something so drastic that it blue screened the pc restarted and that was the last time the game ran that was a few months ago. The only thing I do not like with windows 10 is the fact that the computer has a tendency to install and run programs for windows I did not ask for like the upgrade assistant that pops up like I said at the most unfortunate time. 

Message 27 of 29 (1,115 Views)

@historywiz

@historywiz wrote:

My setup is well within its requirements its a i5 7500 that runs at 3.4 ghz per core 4 cores in all 8gb of ddr4 memory and a GTX 950 2gb with a Sound Blaster Recon 3D internal sound card with a Windows 10 build 1703 and the motherboard is a gigabyte gaming B8 if it isn't a problem with hardware its probably a problem with the game itself that the developers need to address as the game is still available for purchase more than likely need to update it to work with newer hardware if hardware is a problem.

I have a i6700k and a GTX 1070 (newest driver) on build 1703, and the game runs without a problem.

There is no general problem between the game and new hardware or new Windows builds.

The problem is on your system somehow.

The game is over 5 years old now, there won't be any future updates from the developer side.

Try a clean boot and test the Game afterwards.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 28 of 29 (1,106 Views)

I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 1800 3.6gHz 8-core processor, 16gigs or ram, on a MSI X370 Gaming Plus motherboard with MSI AMD R9 290x Lightning Video card.  I have to agree that the game doesn't have an inherent issue with new hardware.  If the game crashed during an unplanned update and blue screen, then it sounds like something got really messed up on your computer due to this.  To me that would be a huge red flag that it is specific to the crash and your computer instead of a ME3 to Win10 issue.

Message 29 of 29 (1,092 Views)