Mass Effect 3 stuttering, fps problems

by Maver790

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 stuttering, fps problems

★★ Novice

Hello.

Im having some me3 multiplayer problems with fps drops, stuttering etc. ive been playing multiplayer in stable 60fps until yesterday Frown please help me

my pc:

core 2 duo e8400 stock

geforce 9800gtx+ 1gb

4gb ram (32bit os)

how i tried to fix :

alt tab and then alt tab back into the game

alt tab > task manager > set me3.exe priority to high

Message 1 of 6 (13,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 stuttering, fps problems

★★★★ Novice
That sounds a lot like the problems I've had since the origin update at the end of November. I had stable 60 fps before that, and afterwards lots of slowdowns during heavy combat or when those guns shoot in Rio for example. Also verified it is the newer version of Origin causing it when it was in beta, by switching the beta update on and off. Disabling the ingame overlay helps a bit until (if?) they decide to fix it.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (13,593 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

bump. please i need help!

updated drivers and lowered settings - didnt help

Message 2 of 6 (13,036 Views)

★★★ Guide

Are any levels better or worse than other ones?

What is the temperature of your GPU?

http://www.gputemp.com/

Can you try running without some of the multiplayer additions?

I have heard of complaints where user's FPS would drop after adding a number of DLC's.

Message 3 of 6 (13,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When playing on Firebase Giant (hazard) i noticed that fps drop when these big guns shoot.

71* is max when playing me3 mp

Message 4 of 6 (13,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That sounds a lot like the problems I've had since the origin update at the end of November. I had stable 60 fps before that, and afterwards lots of slowdowns during heavy combat or when those guns shoot in Rio for example. Also verified it is the newer version of Origin causing it when it was in beta, by switching the beta update on and off. Disabling the ingame overlay helps a bit until (if?) they decide to fix it.
Message 5 of 6 (13,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Maver790 wrote:  how i tried to fix :

alt tab and then alt tab back into the game

alt tab > task manager > set me3.exe priority to high

Further to:

Steps to Set CPU Priority Level of Processes in Windows 8.1/Win 10
  1. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del and select Task Manager.
  2. Go to Processes.
  3. Right click on a process whose priority is to be changed, and click Go To Details.
  4. Now right click on that .exe process and go to Set Priority and select the desired option.

I did this and the effect was dramatic, to say the least. I'm not at all sure why my game suddenly decided to drop frame rate as it has lately, it was working great for years before now. But just in the past few weeks I've noticed ME3 MP matches were lagging at times, often depending on where on the map I was looking. Stuttering, shimmering, slight slowdown of things... it wasn't intolerable so much as annoying. I have an 8-core AMD CPU and a beast of a graphics card, and enough ram to run the crap out of this game plus a 100 other processes and then some. Never an issue. The only thing that changed lately that was in any way game-related was that there was an Origin update.

Anyway, the above appears to have solved the issue. I just completed a pub match and as I said, the change is dramatic. The environment, the gameplay itself, all of it sharp and crystal clear and instantaneous like it was before.

Message 6 of 6 (10,838 Views)