Re: Mass Effect 3 stopped working

by Holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 stopped working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok. I'm having difficulty getting ME3 digital deluxe to run. Never had this problem before - but all of a sudden I get the message from windows that the game has stopped working and it will look for solutions. None of windows solutions helped. Repair game didn't work. Uninstalling with Revo and reinstalling didn't work. Creating a restore point didn't work. I am using Eset anti-virus and it can't be turned off. Someone please help me?!? I am stuck in the house and this game keeps me sane.Devil

Message 1 of 3 (642 Views)

You have several issues showing up on your DxDiag.

Multiple widowsupdate failure, a Origin client Failure, and NVdisplay.container.exe failure.

Simply put, you have one or multiple issues that can be effecting the game.  Windows update issue needs to be resolved...either by rolling back and redoing the update or seeing if something is blocking an update.  Origin client is a BEX fault, one of the hardest to track down in my opinion, BUT the dll related to it seems to be run time C program AND maybe more important Virtual studios, which MAY be related to the microsoft update failure....so look carefully there.  The last one I mentioned was NVD which is part of the programs from Nvidia company linking your taskbar button to open Geforce experience.  It may all get fixed when you fix other, or you may need to completely clean out Nvidia programs/drivers and do a full reinstall.....

If you want to see what I am talking about, open your DxDiag text and scroll down to the very bottom and look for the listings Fault bucket......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sunwisecircles

Additional to @mcsupersport, there are several new drivers for your GTX 1060 available here.

Install the graphic driver this way:

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background.
• shout down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Download DDU:

• run DDU > save mode >  NVIDIA Software and Drivers > Clean and Restart 

• shut down your virus scanner.

• Run the installation EXE > CUSTOM mode > preform a clean installation > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

(don't deselect components you need even if the have the same version number, the installation program will deinstall them if you do)
• Reboot > test

Furthermore go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME3 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (586 Views)