Re: Mass Effect 3 save button not working

by JanePhoenix

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 save button not working

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

This is my third time playing ME3 and I can’t seem to save my game. 

Every time I wait until the first cutscene is done, i go to the start menu to save, click on save, and when it says “create new save” i click that and then “save game” at the bottom right but nothing happens. I’m able to click the “save game” button but nothing works after that. The game never saves. Nothing happens. I always have to start the game over after continuously trying to save. This is so annoying!!! 

Please help!! 

Message 1 of 3 (712 Views)

@jessliv

Try to run Origin as an Administrator.

(">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" > right click the "Origin.exe" > run as an Administrator.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (694 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@jessliv If that doesn't work, the save folder also might accidentally be set to read-only. It's located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3. Right-click on the Save folder and click Properties, then make sure near the bottom of the dialog in the Attributes section that Read-only is not ticked (untick & click Apply if it is). Then run the game and see if saving now works.
Message 3 of 3 (685 Views)