Mass Effect 3 rare items

by sinverguenza951

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 rare items

★★★ Newbie
Hi, thanks for reading.
My following question comes out of frustration and too many hours and credits spended in hope of getting better weapons. For a week now I have only being buying premium specter packages, I have being playing almost 16 hours a day with a friend and so far I'm only getting some basic upgrades to weapons I don't even use and character trainings.. The last good thing I got from a premium package was the saber and that was the week before I started buying them.. The thing is, I'm starting to believe there is a glitch or a bug preventing me from getting something rare.. Is there a chance of that bug existing? I play on ps3 and I have all the DLC up to date. I'm seeing people with lowers levels having better weapons.. It's kind of frustrating and I'm hoping for a good answer.. Where is my Cerberus harrier or my hurricane, or typhoon etc.?
Message 1 of 7 (1,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 rare items

★★★ Newbie

The buying of packs (at whatever level) is basically a lottery. You could get lucky and get the big prize on your first ticket or spend on thousands of tickets and not get the item(s) you want. It really is an issue of basically keep trying and eventually you will get what you want. However one tip you can use is to look at what you want and find out where it fits in terms of 'rarity'. Common items, for example, do not need you to spend your credits on a Premium Spectre Pact but can be gotten by say a Veteran pack. Since you can buy more of them for the same amount of credits it does seem as if the final odds of getting what you want will be better. NOTE: the odds per pack may be less BUT getting more packs means that the overal probability can be higher.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,065 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hey there! 

Let me tell you that getting new items is just a matter of luck. Let me tell you why. When Earth DLC came out, a friend and I had the same amount of storaged credits (say, like 2.000.000 credits each). I got almost everything, and he got NOTHING. Nothing of the new DLC's contents. 2.000.000 credits of his thrown right to the wolves. 

The only answer I can give you, is that you don't give up and keep it up. You'll get what you want, eventually Standard smile My friend did that, and now he's quite happy, frustration ending :D

Message 2 of 7 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well it's sort of refreshing knowing this is a thing that happens to a lot of people tho I'm not happy it happens and I'm not happy about the issue, I gives me comfort. Thanks bro.
Message 3 of 7 (1,059 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Some times is not like that. It is just some list of repetition of things, say in a spectre pack the list starts from a medi-gel>M-99 Saber>Hydrulic Joints I>Berserker Pack>Pistol Mod>Geth Plasma SMG>Batarian Sentinel>etc. So probably rares is just a matter of buying speed because every minute there is one person buying a pack. So, just keep getting money quickly!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 7 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The buying of packs (at whatever level) is basically a lottery. You could get lucky and get the big prize on your first ticket or spend on thousands of tickets and not get the item(s) you want. It really is an issue of basically keep trying and eventually you will get what you want. However one tip you can use is to look at what you want and find out where it fits in terms of 'rarity'. Common items, for example, do not need you to spend your credits on a Premium Spectre Pact but can be gotten by say a Veteran pack. Since you can buy more of them for the same amount of credits it does seem as if the final odds of getting what you want will be better. NOTE: the odds per pack may be less BUT getting more packs means that the overal probability can be higher.

Message 5 of 7 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Having the ME3 pack system set up this way is just plain ridiculous. The system should prioritize it's selection of items after reading what you already have so that your chances of getting 20 Drell Adepts or 30 Locust SMG's is greatly minimized. This playing for months and getting nothing but crap you already have is useless. Bioware/EA REALLY need to re-think this pack thing!

Message 6 of 7 (880 Views)

★ Apprentice

The item distribution as I have seen it and read on several other forums is as such:

guns: until you get them to max level they are in the pool of items to be drawn every time you get a pack

mods: same thing

items: until you you hit 255 they are still available as a "prize"

gear: same thing

characters: I have no freaking clue.

I keep getting upgrades to characters that are already max on "upgrades" yet have several basic characters that I still have not unlocked.

I think the rule is that with items, once you max them, they are no longer in the "basket" to be drawn. (guns, mods, gear)

expendable items have to be maxed to 255 for them to be out of the "basket"

characters have to be BOTH maxed AND level 20 for you to not grab them from the "basket"

but yes, if you are trying for an item, look up its level where it "can" be awarded, and use the cheapest pack that gives that level as a possible reward.

It is also a good idea to just buy the crap out of the el cheapo pack until all the common items are maxed. Then move up to the next pack and buy that one out until uncommon are maxed. Don't move on to specter packs until you want rare items, then max that before moving to psp for ultra-rare.

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm still waiting for a krogan that was released with the game.

=/

Message 7 of 7 (797 Views)