Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content in-game.

by BlackhawkRookie

Original Post

Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content in-game.

★ Novice

When I open Mass Effect 3 origin doens't do the usual pop-up, I can't use **bleep**f+F1 to open up origin, and thanks to this I can't view downloadable content or host and invite friends. Any solution you guys can offer? I've uninstalled and installed origin various times, I do have "Enable Origin In Game" checked, but for some reason I can't use origin inside game. Especially annoying since I want to play with friends and not randoms at times.

Message 1 of 63 (16,940 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content in-game.

★★ Novice

I'm currently sitting with the exact same situation at hand, and it is getting quite frustrating. I've searched the web for hours for answers and have not seen a single good thread with anybody from origin actually trying to help solve the problem.

I've tried everything with the origin in-game options, rebooting, reinstalling, fixing the game with the repair function, updating origin to beta, and more. If anybody has found a fix for this problem I would be very interested.

Message 2 of 63 (16,664 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content in-game.

★★★★ Novice

I've been talking to EA support for over an hour on this.

I had to explain to the support agent what Origin In Game was.

Then they made me repeat everything I've already tried. Several times. They're grasping at straws right now (disable anti-virus, change the shortcut key, stuff like that). I do not have a lot of faith.

Message 3 of 63 (16,546 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content i

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. Really can't understand how this is an issue, when this game was developed with Origins already in existance. It should be the most compatible with Origins in game in the entire series, not the only one for which it doesn't appear to work at all.

Edit: This has apparently rectified itself, for some reason... I dunno, now it works. I did restart Origins. Maybe that was it. Who knows.

Message 4 of 63 (16,452 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view downloadable content i

★★★ Novice

So do I. I have updated the origin and it's still unsolved. Cannot invite people to a lobby and cannot use origin in game, instead I have to close the window just to chat with friends during the game. Anyone???

Message 5 of 63 (16,287 Views)

★★★ Novice

origin is a fraud...that's all. It simply doesn't work, it has an infinite number of problems and the only thing they tell you in short is "try this and this, if it doesn't work (don't be afraid it WILL NOT) WHATEVER, we already had your money, oh and bye have a nice day"

Message 6 of 63 (16,280 Views)

★★★ Novice

i mean..when they answer you..mostly they just don't

Message 7 of 63 (16,278 Views)

★ Novice

apology for the necro but thought people should know there is a secondary Origin In-Game option.

1. from Origin client, on the Game Library screen, click to open game(Mass Effect 3 for example).

2. on the Details tab, click the "Game Properties"

3. UNCHECK the "Disable Origin In-Game for this game" option box.

That did it for me.  Hope it helps

Message 8 of 63 (16,237 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view do

★★ Novice

that didnt do it for me. im still stuck. origins is complete **bleep**.

Message 9 of 63 (15,823 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3, origin does not work in-game, can't invite friends or view do

★ Novice

Sick and tired today. Was looking forward to playing with a friend who'd kindly offered to. We start up ME3 and this happens... no overlay, no friend invites, no solution. Thanks, EA. You suit-wearing, moneygrubbing, clone-mongering monkey-brained scumnuggets.

Message 10 of 63 (15,802 Views)