Re: Mass Effect 3 not launching

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 not launching

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. Mass Effect 3 is not launching. I get the black screen as tho' it's going to and then white screen, black screen and back to Origin. I have tried repairing the game; ccleaner; compatibility troubleshooting; run as admin and nothing works. Devil

If anyone has any ideas? The above ideas were from EA chat. The dialogue box in the screen cap is no longer appearing. Perhaps the ccleaner fixed that. But still, no game.

Message 1 of 9 (994 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@sunwisecircles

Sorry for the late answer, pretty busy in the moment.

For the driver:

• Go here.
  • Download the driver.
  • Install the graphic driver this way:

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background. (Especially your virus scanner)
    • shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Run the installation EXE > CUSTOM mode > preform a clean installation > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

(don't deselect components you need even if the have the same version number, the installation program will deinstall them if you do)
    Reboot > test.

For the DLL. (Make sure Origin is closed)

• Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32" folder.
  • Look if this files are present: "d3d11.dll", "dxgi.dll", "dxgi.fx"
  • If all or just one or two of these files are present rename them to: "OLD_d3d11.dll", "OLD_dxgi.dll" and "OLD_dxgi.fx"
  • Test the game.

If it still don't works:
  • Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\directx\redist" folder and run the "DXSETUP.exe"
  • Reboot > test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (1,189 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

The error seems to be referring to a DirectX 11 isssue. It needs that d3d11.dll file to be able to run.

It could be related to outdated drivers and such but you seem to have DirectX 12 installed so it may just be a corrupted file. There are different ways to fix it. I had the issue on a game some time ago and I fixed it by uninstalling the game and reinstalling it as it also reinstalls DirectX I think.

Do you have any trouble starting other games?

Message 2 of 9 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi. The other games are good. I have un- and reinstalled the game. No joy. I've had trouble with updating Nvidia. It says I need Java which I have. Then apparently Firefox doesn't allow Java (something something) but Firefox says it wouldn't block Java from other apps. It makes my head spin.
Message 3 of 9 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried now un- and reinstalling origin itself and ME3 will not launch. This is the most up to date dxdiag info

Message 4 of 9 (950 Views)

@sunwisecircles

Did you used SweetFX?

Did you used other mods?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 9 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Holger,

yes there are several mods  (or were). SweetFX, mehem, expanded galaxy, t-shirt, tags mshep, scruffy kaidan, edi science uniform, kaidan photo. These are the ones i can thnk of. Would they make a difference? I used them before and there were no problems. But any help would eagerly grasped, because I so badly want to play and can't.

Message 6 of 9 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sunwisecircles

Sorry for the late answer, pretty busy in the moment.

For the driver:

• Go here.
  • Download the driver.
  • Install the graphic driver this way:

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background. (Especially your virus scanner)
    • shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Run the installation EXE > CUSTOM mode > preform a clean installation > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

(don't deselect components you need even if the have the same version number, the installation program will deinstall them if you do)
    Reboot > test.

For the DLL. (Make sure Origin is closed)

• Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32" folder.
  • Look if this files are present: "d3d11.dll", "dxgi.dll", "dxgi.fx"
  • If all or just one or two of these files are present rename them to: "OLD_d3d11.dll", "OLD_dxgi.dll" and "OLD_dxgi.fx"
  • Test the game.

If it still don't works:
  • Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\directx\redist" folder and run the "DXSETUP.exe"
  • Reboot > test.

Message 7 of 9 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Holger1405 you are most certainly a hero. May every good thing on this earth and beyond it bless your life. If I could I would give you a tonne more XP points.
Message 8 of 9 (856 Views)

@sunwisecircles

You're welcome, have fun gaming. Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (819 Views)