Betreff: Mass Effect 3 not installing

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 not installing

★★ Novice

So I recently bought Mass Effect 3 for my pc from eBay, brand new, and I just got it yesterday. I tried to install it and I put the product code in and it brought up a message that the installation failed to work. So I closed it out and tried the installation again and now it thinks that the code is invalid, and I would like to know how to fix this so that I can install it and play it also.

Message 1 of 10 (1,079 Views)

@Suzakuhinda 

How was the exact error massage?

Did you installed Origin from the disk or did you downloaded the Origin client?

If the first then the Origin version is outdated. Try this version.

If not, can you download a digital copy of the game?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 10 (1,060 Views)

★★ Novice

On disk and Origin updated before I started the install.

Message 3 of 10 (1,034 Views)

@Suzakuhinda 

Is the game in your Origin game library?

If not, do you have two accounts and may it be possible that you redeemed the code to the wrong account?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 10 (1,008 Views)

★★ Novice

Only 1 Origin account, I did have it downloaded but the game kept on freezing after I did the Cerberus Coup Mission, not just once, or twice, but every single time I played it. I repaired it, uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times, went to a different save and the same thing happens. So I went to eBay, bought Mass Effect 3 on disc so I could get past that part and finally bet the game, and like I said before, the installed failed and thinks the activation code is invalid.

Message 5 of 10 (976 Views)
Highlighted

@Suzakuhinda 

The game is bound to Origin, so it wouldn't install to a different place or in a different way.

Meaning, you still would have the same files at the same place after a disk installation as after a Origin installation.

Lets concentrate on resolving the error that prevents ME3 from running.

• Repair the game once again and start it up for one time.

Create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

Also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "MassEffect3.exe" or for the "Origin.exe".

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Message 6 of 10 (971 Views)

★★ Novice

When I uninstalled Mass Effect 3, I deleted all associated files before I tried to installed Mass Effect 3 on a disc, also I don't want to download the game, because I'm still going to run into the same game breaking glitch.

Message 7 of 10 (955 Views)

@Suzakuhinda 

As said, the files on your computer will be the same as before in the end.
Origin will update the disk installation to the same level as a Digital copy has.  

There is no general game braking glitch in the ME3 digital installation, so there is a good chance that we can find and resolve the error that is bothering you.

Message 8 of 10 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here's the link to the question of the game breaking glitch, and before you say it's not, there are other players experiencing the same thing.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Game-freezes-after-Cerberus-attack-on-Citadel/td-p/51...

Check it out and you will see what I'm talking about.

Message 9 of 10 (922 Views)

@Suzakuhinda 

I never said that you didn't experienced this glitch. I said that there is no general game braking glitch in ME3, and that remains true.

This thread you linked was not in the Mass Effect board and so I did not noticed it. But the facts still remain.

The game files will be the same after a disc installation, so if the problem is not solved by a fresh installation you will still experience it regardless of the installation method.

It is your decision how to proceed.

If you got the game installed and run into the same bug feel free to open a new thread, but make sure that you open it in the Mass Effect section.

Message 10 of 10 (905 Views)