Mass Effect 3 crash

by sohoyuk

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 crash

★ Novice

Hi ,

My game is crashing after scene with the boy in the woods when leaving Citadel for the first time. I tried to uninstall the game and install again without success.

Any way to fix this ?! Its really annoying !

Thanks ! 

Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 crash

Most common cause of a crash at a specific point is data corruption....either a repair or reinstall should fix...so, probably not your issue if you have tried that.

After that, it could be a number if different things, but we would need more info such as a DxDiag if on PC or just a platform you are playing on if not, to ever hope to give any decent advice.

If on PC....

Driver updates, check hardware for overheating, check hardware for meeting min specs(aka, don't be trying to play it on a intel graphics video chip), make sure you have no mods installed, try a clean boot to check for cross program interference, make sure you have all overlays turned off(Origin, Fraps, Geforce experience, etc), make sure you don't have any command lines for the launch in Origin listed(things to change FPS caps, or some such.....) and make sure you don't have a cloud backup or linking program interfering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)