Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition - Not Starting Up at all!

by project129

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition - Not Starting Up at all!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have seen a lot of supposed fixes, but I have yet to see ONE that works for me.

Problem: The game won't start. Heck, I don't know if it even fully installs.

Exact Symptoms: I install the game, speeds through installation, but when I press "Play" it just doesn't do anything. My Origin window disappears as if it is about to start but then it pops back up and no game starts up. No error messages, no pop ups, not even a momentary black screen flicker. Nothing.

Strange Occurrences: Dead Space installs fine, plays fine, with and without the damned overlay. But ANY Mass Effect or Sims game does not.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled the in game origin overlay, I have even attempted to uninstall and reinstall Origin itself...Only to have it do nothing different each and every time.

So I must ask: What is wrong with Mass Effect 3? It worked years ago (Emphasis on YEARS) and now it just...Doesn't? Is it incompatible with Windows 8.1? Did they cuck up any form of installation process? The Mass Effect 3 Folder in Origin Games is only 20.9 GB (With all DLC and the Bonus stuff, save for Final Hours of ME3) and if that weren't enough I don't see a new folder for the saves.

Anyone got any form of aid for this? Because as it stands I can't find any help anywhere. Not even EA Customer Support...

Message 1 of 4 (412 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition - Not Starting Up at all!

@project129

Did you restored health to your Windows 8.1 installation as we discussed in the old thread or did you preformed a clean installation of Windows 8.1?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Indeed I had @holger1405 Also finally got into contact with them, they are moving me up to Tier 2 Tech Support. I have done all of their official troubleshooting steps.

Although of a new development: I am getting the Error 327682:0 now when I try to reinstall Mass Effect 2...Where I don't get any errors or issues installing or playing Dead Space 1

Message 3 of 4 (390 Views)

If you search that error, you get a few things that seem to fix it.  Error 327682:0

1)  Disable your antivirus program for the install...once installed you can then whitelist it....basically put in exceptions/exclusions for it.

2)  Disabling firewall program for install....

3)  Downloading in Safe Mode....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/error-327682-0/td-p/1642431

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/ERROR-327682-0-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-and-all-games-in-my...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/327682-0-Error/m-p/6259245#M268031

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)