Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

by whatup87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone. A little help if you please. I haven't played in while and now when I try to go to multiplayer in ME3 it says i need an online pass to access those features. I know I have one as i used to play online a fair amount. How do I get it to work again?

Message 1 of 14 (2,625 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I see, thanks. I'll see if I can find any other folks seeing the same behaviour. In the meantime can you try opening ports the relevant ports and check again?

https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/network-troubleshooting-for-mass-effect-3-m...

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (2,522 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @whatup87

I don`t what is your platform, but the you can find information on how to get an online pass for PlayStation 3 or other platform here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/mass-effect-3-online-pass-code. In the worst case scenario you would need to get in touch withEA Advisor to get the online pass code.

Cheers,

Archi​​​​​​​

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (2,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is mp for me3 back online my friend wants to know

Message 3 of 14 (2,520 Views)

Community Manager

@Roboko71 As far as I'm aware it should be working fine. I'm sure there was a population bump to coincide with the Andromeda info release, but I haven't heard of any outages. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 14 (2,495 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ea server will not connect me3 servers on xbox one. But on the Xbox 360 I connect fine please help!
Message 5 of 14 (2,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I see, thanks. I'll see if I can find any other folks seeing the same behaviour. In the meantime can you try opening ports the relevant ports and check again?

https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/network-troubleshooting-for-mass-effect-3-m...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (2,523 Views)

★★ Novice
I can't access the link anymore, please is there something similar?
Message 7 of 14 (2,011 Views)

@bluehydra88 

This are the relevant Ports that need to be open at your router.

Origin Ports

TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900

UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Me3 Port

Port 3659

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 14 (2,001 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks, I've open only the me3 port because I'm using Xbox 360 and not origin. The game access the multiplayer but no match start...
Message 9 of 14 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 wrote:

@bluehydra88 

This are the relevant Ports that need to be open at your router.

Origin Ports

TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900

UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Me3 Port

Port 3659

Okay, some questions arise.

One --- I've rarely if ever before now had a disconnection problem while playing ME3 MP. Lately though I've been seeing disconnections daily. Sometimes it comes with the prompt that *I* am offline (I'm not, internet works just fine, my router logs show last downtime to be over a month ago), or sometimes the prompt "Mass Effect servers are unavailable at this time" (Origin prompt). So I'm wondering what's going on there.

Two --- Forgive me, but saying "these are the ports that need to be open" really doesn't do much for me. I'm not familiar with configuring routers, I'm a retired health-care worker-turned-website designer-writer who knows a lot about  the things he knows a lot about but not much about configuring routers. I've managed to log my way in to my routers admin interface, I see the button for "ADD NEW RULE" under Port Forwarding options, but I have no idea what the correct way to enter the date is. Do I add all of the TCP port #'s at once or do I have to do them all one at a time, for example?

Three --- I've been happily playing this game including the MP for over 5 years. Why am I now having to enter "ports"? What's changed? The only thing changed at my end is about 5 months ago I had my internet speed upped to a much higher speed. Before that I got myself a much better faster more powerful gaming computer, but that was 3 years ago. Nothing else has changed here.

Four --- What's with Origin telling me so often that the ME3 servers are unavailable?

Message 10 of 14 (1,975 Views)