Re: Multiplayer - Wave 10 Feeze

by MiranJac

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Problems: Your connection to the game has been lost

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Since yesterday I have problems with the connection to the ME server although my internet is working fine.

Sometimes in the middle of a match I get "You lost the connection to ME server" or "Your connection to the game has been lost" and sometimes when the game loads it says that there are some connection problems.

Is it something in your server or my computer? And if my computer is the problem how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (13,892 Views)

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Servers keep crashing?

★ Novice

I recently bought mass effect 3 preowned. I previously had it but lost it :P. I was expecting to just go on and play with my friend but nope. Every time i try to get in a lobby it disconnects me and brings me to the main menu with a message saying ' You have been disconnected from the Mass Effect 3 Servers'. Due to this I haven't been able to complete one match since I bought it 3 days ago. Please help!

Message 2 of 6 (13,741 Views)

Multiplayer - Wave 10 Feeze

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

It seems that everytime that I start a new match - whatever map or difficulty - the game plays well until the start of Wave 10.  Then the "communicating" message pops up in the corner, everything stops moving apart from my character, and then I get "Your connection to the game has been lost" - and don't get any of the credits or experience.

I don't get the problem if I join a match that is already progressing - I extract fine.

Anyone had similar problems and know a fix?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (13,695 Views)

★★ Guide

@ElDutchio wrote:

Hi all,

It seems that everytime that I start a new match - whatever map or difficulty - the game plays well until the start of Wave 10.  Then the "communicating" message pops up in the corner, everything stops moving apart from my character, and then I get "Your connection to the game has been lost" - and don't get any of the credits or experience.

I don't get the problem if I join a match that is already progressing - I extract fine.

Anyone had similar problems and know a fix?

Thanks

Hi eldutchio,

You are not alone with this issue. Many of us who were heavy into MP have been experiencing the same problem you describe here. I myself have had my ISP's level three Tech support do all kinds of testing for connectivity issues between servers (EA's and my ISP) and the problem is at EA Servers side. The lag time is the main culprit for the Loss of Connectivity--you and all of us experienced.

@Ea's-- @AskEASupport---even referred my friend to this article-shown below. He, like me, is also playing on a PS3.

If you are having trouble connecting online or staying connected while playing online on your PLAYSTATION 3, please perform all the troubleshooting tips listed below:

Step 1: Power-cycle your Modem

Turn off your modem and leave it unpowered for two minutes before restarting it. (This process will restart your Internet connection.)

Step 2: Connect your Console Straight to your Modem

Try connecting your PLAYSTATION 3 directly to the Cable/DSL modem using an ethernet cable. If the connection works, your connection issues are most likely being caused by your router.

Step 3: Disable your Media Server Connection

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select Network Settings
  4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Step 4: Disable your Router's Firewall

If you are using a router, please try disabling your firewall on the router to see if there is a conflict. If this resolves the issue, please contact your router manufacturer to ensure that the router is configured correctly to allow game play online.

• Online Ports:
    •  
    • UDP 3658 (peer to peer)
    • TCP 6000 (VOIP)

Step 5: Try Deleting Possible Corrupted Update Files

There may be a corruption in the game or update files that are stored on the system itself. Please try deleting these game files and try the connection again. To do this:

1. Press the PS button on the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XrossMediaBar
  2. Select the Game tab.
  3. Select the Game Data Utility and press the X button.
  4. Find and delete all the game data or roster files listed.
    Note: When you play online, the online roster will automatically download before an actual match starts.

Step 6: Create a New PSN Account

You can also try creating a new Playstation Network account.

1. Press the PS button the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM (XrossMediaBar).
  2. Select the Users tab.
  3. Select Create a New User Account and press the X button.
  4. Enter a name for the account and login to the new user account.
  5. Select the Friends tab.
  6. Select Sign up for Playstation Network and press the X button.
    Note: When creating the new Playstation Network account, please use a different, valid, accessible e-mail address.

If you still have an issue, please contact us to reach a Game Advisor. Include the following information:

• What is your PLAYSTATION 3 account name? What is the e-mail address associated with it?
  • A detailed account on the events that led to this issue. (Please include exact error messages, if any.)
  • Do you run other programs while playing the game? (i.e., music players, downloaders, Web browsers)
  • Did this game ever run fine online before?
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider?
  • What type of connection do you have?
  • Is your Internet connection shared (i.e., in a workplace, apartment complex, educational institution)?
  • Do you have any other device that is connected to the router or modem?
  • Is your wireless network secure?
  • Do you have a router? If so, is it wired or wireless? What is the brand and model?

Note: we both followed these steps and are still experiencing the loss of connection at critical times during MP playing-specially around waves 7-10! Very aggravating.!

Message 4 of 6 (13,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem from time to time. And it is hapenning more and more.

Let me guess: EA isn't making any money on it anymore since they're not releasing any DLC, so they're shutting servers down to save costs and now what few are left are overloaded. 

Hey EA, if you're not going to support the game you force people to use your servers for, you should not promise us that it will continue to work after you decide its not profitable anymore and end-of-life it without telling any of us. I understand profitability; but stop pretending that you're still supporting this title and causing people to waste time with it when it often drops them forcing them to lose all credit for the time they've spent in a multiplayer round. That's just unecessarily cruel of you. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 5 of 6 (12,982 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Multiplayer Problems: Your connection to the game has been lost

★★★ Novice

I've been having this same problem (many months later), so I guess EA is not gonna fix it. Really sucks cause I can't finish more than one game every few hours. Today, I only finished two games and after both of them I got the "You have lost your connection to the Mass Effect 3 server" message before returning to the lobby (I seriously just searched for a game to quote that message exactly, and received it right away!) I didn't receive any credits or XP from them :/ So today was a complete waste. I've only had 2-3 full games the past five days. The only reason I haven't quit yet is because I spent over a hundred dollars just on the multiplayer DLCs and special packs. I feel like an idiot and I'm pretty pissed that I can't enjoy any of it. Does anyone have any ideas for getting my money back? I heard from other forums that EA doesn't do much of anything in terms of customer service. Maybe someone needs to file a case against them to get EVERYONE their money back. This is ridiculous.

Message 6 of 6 (10,128 Views)