Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

by negnihs

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

★★ Apprentice

This issue with Leviathan has nothing to do with EA or Bioware. It is a Microsoft issue.

Message 41 of 102 (1,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@CommanderAngel1

As i stated, this is a work around. The problem is not Bioware or EA. This is a Microsoft issue. There is no fix actual fix for this.

Message 42 of 102 (1,925 Views)

★★ Novice

@BattleBorn065 If you can solve this F*!@^% issue before the 25 december I know it will be a very much appreciated christmas present from everybody on here !   

Message 43 of 102 (1,911 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The problem is not Bioware or Electronic Arts! It is a Microsoft issue. If you cannot play Leviathan on your machine that has Windows 10, then there is no solution. The suggestions I offered were to remove the DLC from your particular machine. Those in this post, have asked for help, then you complain when EA/Bioware doesn't answer you. When someone does answer you, you don't like the answer.

In short, you're screwed,  you cannot play Leviathan in ME3. Get over it!

Message 44 of 102 (1,898 Views)

★★ Novice

Jeez! Chill man haha. I know its a windows 10 issue! 

I was only looking to you for a possible solution or just to throw a few ideas around since you seem to be the one most on the ball.

I don't understand why you say that this cannot be solved and thats that!

Forgive me if i offend you - but why can't it be certain aspect of windows 10 that is causing the issue?

Could it be that a windows update is causing it?

THERE'S ALWAYS A TWEAK

Message 45 of 102 (1,894 Views)

★★ Apprentice
You cannot offend me.
Short of going over the entire code in Mass Effect and in all DLC there is no easy solution. Which it seems most people in this forum are looking for.
Message 46 of 102 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Considering a few of the people have said they dinna have Windows 10, goes to show it's nae just a 10 issue. I dinna have windows 10, & have a different issue with this DLC. Ya need to quit being a broken record.

Message 47 of 102 (1,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
#1, This problem only seemed to turn up after Windows 10 was released and tweaked Gods know how many times.

#2, Some individuals, like myself, are having this problem despite using an older Windows OS.

This leads me to conclude that one or more of the "features" of Windows 10 that were rolled back onto the other OS are the culprit, replacing an essential file that Leviathan needs with one that is outdated or otherwise faulty. Worthy of investigation, in my opinion.

Only problem is, I don't know where to start. I had hoped to find reference to such a file via process monitoring, but either that didn't work or I am inept in that field. Perhaps someone else might have better luck?
Message 48 of 102 (1,879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

N7, this is negnihs, the original poster. I completely agree with the fact that it is indeed an OS error with Windows 10: I upgraded my laptop to 10 and kept my PC on 8.1, and the game ran fine on the PC but had the error I originally posted about on the laptop. I am going to try to go back to Windows 8.1 on my laptop to see if the game will work on it or if the damage is permanent. I will post my results either today or tomorrow for those that are still interested in a solution of some sort.

Thank you everyone for posting and keeping this problem up, hopefully I'll find at least a temporary solution to the issue.

Message 49 of 102 (1,808 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I honestly don't think Leviathan is corrupt. Then again I'm not 100% certain. What I posted is an option. I know it sucks. It an integral part of the game, especially if you haven't played it yet and miss that portion of the storyline.
Message 50 of 102 (1,795 Views)