Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

by negnihs

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

★ Novice

I just bought the Leviathan DLC and I am about to tear my hair out in frustration.  I've tried repairing ME3 as a whole and the Leviathan DLC specifically, but nothing has changed. I've spent money on this DLC and now I can't play it. So is there anything you can do to fix the problem or refund the DLC?

Message 21 of 102 (2,679 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having this  problem. I have run repair through Origin, uninstalled and reinstalled all related files,  etc, etc, to no avail. I'm running windows 10 and got the DLC recently so I've not tried it on another OS. As pretty as the artwork it, I'm tired of staring at the painting of the Citadel loading screen. Not that you need another person detailing the exact same problems, but I really hope this is looked into and repaired before too long. I understand that this is an older game and thus lower priority, but it is still a rather major gameplay disruption in a favorite game.

Message 22 of 102 (2,640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still no word, still no fix.

The lack of response from EA or BioWare is disheartening.

Message 23 of 102 (2,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also having the same issues.
Windows 10 64bits, freezes when I try entering bryson lab.
Message 24 of 102 (2,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm having the exact same problem and I'm super disappointed. I'd been saving up to buy myself the Leviathan DLC for a while because I haven't had disposable income until very recently. I was able to buy the Omega and Leviathan DLC's and having just finished Omega I very excitedly went to play Leviathan only to constantly run into a frozen loading screen. Super disappointing. Has anyone found a work around?

Update: Okay now I'm not only annoyed, I'm verging on angry. I have played through all the other DLC's that I own for Mass Effect 3 with no problem (okay, small issues with audio in the Citadel DLC but I'm not attributing that to the problem I'm having with Leviathan). I have repaired the game, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I've tried running it in compatibility mode, still stuck at that loading screen. 

Message 25 of 102 (2,556 Views)

★ Novice

I also have Windows 10, and mine freezes at the exact same time. Reading all of these comments is really disappointing :/ I wouldn't have bought the DLC if I knew I wouldn't even be able to play it! Hopefully a solution is found soon. 

Message 26 of 102 (2,466 Views)

★★ Novice

It really just seems to be the lab that is cursed. I have spent the last couple of days swapping between an older Win7 laptop and my newer Win10 laptop as I play through the DLC. The Win10 laptop locks up at each successive visit to the lab -- at the loading screen the first time, and a little after the other two times -- but has no problem with the galactic missions in the DLC. 

FWIW.

Message 27 of 102 (2,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wonder...does the Bryson Lab module utilize any particular dll file or part of a dll that the rest of ME3 might not? And is it possible that the related dll(s) might have been replaced in a recent Windows Update?

If that's the case, manual replacement and repair may be required. But first we'd have to track down the erroneous file. I hope EA/BioWare is looking.

Message 28 of 102 (2,424 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That would be nice if we could know what is causing the error.

Message 29 of 102 (2,385 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue here.  Any word from EA yet? Their live-chat is utterly useless and forums don't have a fix either.  Compatability mode doesn't work.

Message 30 of 102 (2,357 Views)