Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

by BattleBorn065

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

There is a way around this. Unfortunately it means to delete the DLC. I too have had this problem, it is really frustrating. The good news is that you won't have to start the game over, you just won't be able to play Leviathan. The good news is that you will not have to uninstall and reinstall the game.

I agree that it may not be a ME3/EA/Bioware issue, I think it is Win 10. It did start happening after the upgrade.

Here's what you need to do
1. Back up your game save(s) (Always do this to be safe.)
You need to get the save edit program link below:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/275079-gibbed-save-editor-for-me3-info-thread/

2. go to your documents folder, open Bioware, Mass Effect 3 then save, select your current game (if you have more than one game save). Back that save up.
3. Run the Gibbed Save Editor, select game save, (It'll list your current game) (I typically select whatever save is on the top. Just remember which you saved the edit to. When you run the game, you'll need to load that particular save for the edit to work. Otherwise it'll be looking for the DLC and tell you it isn't installed.
4. Select Raw Tab. Look for "Dependent DLC". Highlight it. On the far right you'll see 3 dots, click on that. A new window will open with all your installed DLC listed. Highlight "Leviathan"
On the bottom left of the window, you'll have two opetions, "Add" and "Remove"
Select "Remove" This will take the DLC out of your game save. Save to the "save you edited"
5. Go to This PC/OS (CStandard smile\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\DLC and delete the DLC_EXP_Pack001 folder (This is the folder)
If you did it correctly, the game should run without a hitch.

NOTE: Please make sure that you back up your game save just to be safe and if something is done wrong. Otherwise you'll have to start the game over.

Message 31 of 102 (11,730 Views)

★★ Novice

Not helpfull at all considering the fact that game works either way, it's just DLC thats crushing. I could beat the game any time, I would just have to do it without playing DLC wich is exactly what is the problem here Frown

Message 32 of 102 (3,589 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm sorry you didn't find it helpful, mate. This is a work around. I do understand the frustration not being able to play Leviathan. It's an integral part of the game. I as well as every ME3 player are going to be waiting for some sort of update on WIN 10 that will hopefully fix this issue.

Message 33 of 102 (3,585 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this issue too and the "solution" isn't a solution at all. I paid for the DLC, I'm not going to just forget about it. We need a real solution from someone who actually knows what the problem is in the first place.

Message 34 of 102 (3,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

TO: N7CaptainObvious

This is not a solution at all.

How it got "accepted" I'll never know.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but it didn't.  If anything, it made it worse.

We are looking for a way to stop the freezing, not remove the DLC entirely.

I have tried everything.  Install, Reinstall, Repair, Clearing the cache, Internet, no internet, live chat.

TO ALL EA EMPLOYEES OUT THERE, WHY IS IT THAT YOU DO NOT RESPOND?

WHY DO YOU IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS?

WE SIMPLY WANT YOU TO FIX YOUR PRODUCT.

Message 35 of 102 (3,500 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still nothing...

Where are you?

Message 36 of 102 (3,434 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Greetings.

I'm one of the growing number of players who are having issues with the Leviathan DLC.

Namely, entering Bryson's Lab for the first time makes the game freeze when it autosaves.

What I'm looking for is a way to completely disable autosave (to see if that would stop the freeze), AND some sort of console command code that would enable me to "skip ahead" in the mission.

I have scoured the answers.ea.com board for help, but the only "solution" I've found (remove the DLC) isn't a solution at all.

I have also scoured every kind of console, cheat, glitch, etc., and the only ones I find are things for credits, xp, weapons, and the like, but nothing involving missions.

I have sent numerous error reports, bug reports, feedback results, and even made the font bigger so it's easier to read, but it seems both EA and BioWare just don't care, which saddens me.

I just want to enjoy a good game, so if there is anyone who knows of anything, please either post on this thread or PM me.

Message 37 of 102 (3,414 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, this is a pain in the neck. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there aren't any console commands. It sucks not being able to play Leviathan. That said, I came up with a theory, I am going to test it to see if it works. Once I confirm either way, I will post results.

Message 38 of 102 (3,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game isn't freezing, at the start of her lab, but I get to the ladder, after the bridge, & I can't climb down. I've tried restarting the mission, reloading the autosave, & saving at that point & restarting the game. Everytime he starts to get on the ladder, hangs, then gets off of it.

Message 39 of 102 (3,392 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem with an old machine that I had. What I figured out, is that if you look up while trying to go down the ladder you will eventually go down the ladder.

Message 40 of 102 (3,386 Views)