Re: Mass Effect 3 Issues with Paint Program

by voteDC

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 Issues with Paint Program

★★★ Novice

Why can't I access my paint program after creating a screen shot while playing Mass Effect 3?  While in-game, I use the keys Alt + PrtScn, then the windows button to access Paint.  When I try to select Paint, it does not work.  However, it works fine while I am playing Mass Effect 2.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (840 Views)

@jasjenkins

What exactly do you mean, is Paint not working or is the screenshot black?

If the first, ALT + TAB out of the game, press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and typ or copy and past "mspaint.exe" (without the quotes) into the new window > ENTER.

If the later set ME3 to borderless Windowed mode with the "MassEffect3Config.exe" under  ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries" (Graphic) .

There are also a lot of tools out there that allow you to make in game screenshots far easier than with the Prt Scrn > Paint method. FRAPS for example.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (829 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Do you mean the picture is not being pasted into Paint? Try switching the game into Borderless Windowed Mode, that should solve your issue.

An alternate, though more work, option is to add Origin as a 'game' in Steam. Start Steam and then through its interface choose to start Origin, then through Origin start Mass Effect 3. You'll then be able to use Steam's client to take Mass Effect 3 screenshots by pressing F12.

Message 3 of 3 (823 Views)