Re: Mass Effect 3 Graphic Glitch

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 Graphic Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I've got a annoying problem with Geth Pulse Rifle (also with other geth guns too). To be specific the bullet impact texture is missing. When the bullet hits wall or other enviromental object the whole texture is flashing orange, then its all black for a moment and comes back to normal (I guessed that the bullet hole texture disapear after time so is this glitch). I've tried a iof things: new/older graphic drivers, updating physx, vcredist. 

Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad l430
i5-3320 2,6ghz

4GB RAM

Intel HD 4000
SSD Silicon Power 120GB

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Yes yes i know, maybe Intel HD 4000 is causing the problems, but to be honest maybe someone had this problem on other gear? And it only happen with geth weapons, the game is playable 30-50 fps with one moment on Sur'kesh that fps fall to 20-21. Game is not modded with all dlcs.

Any help will be very appreciated. I apologize for my english, i didn't used it  in some time.

Message 1 of 5 (1,161 Views)

Hero

I haven't seen this glitch mentioned on this forum before. I think it's a safe assumption that the Intel HD 4000 is causing the issues. You're sort of lucky, because Intel graphics are known to cause much worse problems in this game, including a 'zebra' pattern on character's faces and missing pupils/irises.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Probably your right, game besides that runs fine and it's playable Standard smile Only it's a little bit annoying and I had a little hope that maybe the Intel graphics isn't the cause. It's worth to mention that same problem my friend had on his good old GeForce 9600GT, so it was worth to ask Standard smile

Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Hero

I used to play on a 9600GT and don't remember this particular issue, but I'm not sure if I used the geth pulse rifle back then. It's possible this isn't a glitch and that's just what it's supposed to look like. Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,131 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Eleborian 

I am really sorry for those graphic issues with the game. Have you updated your GPU drivers? Repaired the game in Origin client? Performing Clear drivers install can also fix this. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,119 Views)