Re: Mass Effect 3 Genesis 2

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 Genesis 2

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have downloaded Mass Effect 3 genesis but for some reason it doesn't work/start for me! I tried to start a new game without any imported saves and with the saves, but in both cases it doesn't work/start. 

Note: I have both Mass Effect 3 ( Got it from Origin with ME 1 2 3 bundle) and Mass effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (Got it from Amazon and it is counted as one for some reason? Everytime I try to uninstall the regular ME3 Origin tries to remove the Deluxe Edition which I got before the regular edition).

Message 1 of 6 (4,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie
Hello, David. Thanks for your reply, but I fixed the problem by uninstaling then reinstalling the game. Again thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (4,781 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@fahadalajmi1995 Hmm, having both copies could be a factor. Could you try launching the game or the MassEffect3Conflig tool from within the game's folder intead?

The game should be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games by default. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (4,034 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hello, David. Thanks for your reply, but I fixed the problem by uninstaling then reinstalling the game. Again thank you.
Message 3 of 6 (4,782 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Wonderful, thanks for letting us know that you got this sorted. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (4,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also had a problem with the Genesis 2 interactive comic. for some reason it only worked on a new game without an imported character. Don't know if it was a glitch or it was intended that way, but the person I talked to at support had said that the comic worked if I didn't import a character from ME1->ME2->then ME3

Message 5 of 6 (3,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@seancass35; The sole purpose of Genesis is to provide players who haven't  already played ME1 and/or ME2 a way to establish a "backstory".  If you're importing an existing Shepard you don't need, and aren't allowed, to do that.  You've already made your choices for that character.  Angel

You only get to use Genesis if you start a completely new Shepard.

Message 6 of 6 (3,212 Views)