Re: Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War not Working (Xbox One)

by AnomalousIdeal

Original Post

@commodore22345 @SpectreLegend @cobraii1976

From what region are you?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 105 (3,702 Views)

★★★★ Novice

North America (the US to be specific).

I'm getting some weird results now by the way.  I uninstalled the digital version I had and reinstalled the physical copy of Mass Effect 3 on my Xbox One.  Using the physical copy, I'm still getting the "cannot contact server" error for Galaxy At War, but I seem to be getting it a lot less.

I also have the PC version of Mass Effect 3 (yes, I've purchased the game 3 times over the years), so I'm going to see if I'm having problems there or if it's just my Xbox version that's messing up.

Message 12 of 105 (3,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep. Happening on my PC version too.  And as I stated before, it's not a problem with my internet because my profile on N7HQ gets updated every time I play a multiplayer match.  It's my in-game Galaxy At War data that doesn't get updated though.  Guess I'm just done playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer then since the only reason I played it at all was for the Galaxy At War and there doesn't seem to be a solution for this problem.  And I'm not even going to bother contacting EA over this since from what I've seen, EA isn't exactly quick to respond and I'm not going to put my current single player game on hold while I wait for them to respond to me.

Good thing the Extended Cut DLC changed the game to not require Galaxy At War to get the highest EMS rating in single player.  Otherwise I might be more upset about this.

Message 13 of 105 (3,689 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

Contacted ea support that told me to use a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.

Neither work.

Message 14 of 105 (3,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Having exactly the same issue on PC.

Most of the time the "galaxy at war" screen in the main menu won't even load properly (the screen stays retracted). If it does load, it gives me that "system offline" message. MP menu gives me the same message most of the time (sometimes it actually manages to connect).

Funniest part - I have zero issues with the MP itself. I works 100% fine. But! The rating won't always update after a match! I've checked the N7HQ, and it counts played sessions correctly. But, 3 times out of 4 (roughly) it won't update the galactic readiness.

I've tried all methods to fix it - no results. That leads me to believe, that the issue is on the server side, not the client. Everything was perfectly fine just 3 weeks ago. No idea why it's happening now - maintenance, servers migration, stars positioning.

Message 15 of 105 (3,657 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

North America (US) as well

Message 16 of 105 (3,645 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SpectreLegend @commodore22345

The fact that you both come from the USA is at least one, but of course not very strong, common feature. I am from Europe.

Can you give us the state? 

I will contact a EA CM and ask if there is anything known about this problem.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 17 of 105 (3,632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

My region is Russia. And I have exactly the same problems.

Message 18 of 105 (3,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

Arizona

Message 19 of 105 (3,607 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I have a very temporary and not-so-good solution: I've just been playing the Galaxy At War mini-game on the N7HQ website and then once I get my galactic readiness up, I just load up my single player game and keep going into and out of the war assets screen in the Normandy War Room until my galactic readiness updates.  It usually takes about three or four tries.

Not an ideal solution, but at least it works.  At least for me it does.

Message 20 of 105 (3,596 Views)