Re: Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War not Working (Xbox One)

by commodore22345

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War not Working (Xbox One)

★★★ Novice

I’m guessing this is ongoing problem on most platforms, but just wanted to check if anyone else is having this problem on the Xbox One. I can connect fine onto the multiplayer but for several weeks I’ve been getting this message on my main screen: System offline, Unable to retrieve Galaxy at War status. None of my process is counted towards my galaxy readiness after a match. I stay at 50% always. I’ve tried restarting the game, rebooted my internet and nothing works. Like I said, I’ve noticed that other players are having this issue on the PC. Just wondering if Xbox One players are experiencing this and if there’s a solution.

Message 1 of 105 (11,604 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@alc_evilbunny - We did our magic Wizard

@SpectreLegend @commodore22345 @MedicxDreyo @TheOldManJock - Could you check if the Galaxy at War feature is working for you now as well?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 36 of 105 (12,808 Views)

All Replies

@SpectreLegend

• Go here. (N7HQ Support page) 
  • scroll down to "Galactic Readiness Map doesn't load or won't update".
  • Re-sync your account.
  • Wait a half hour before you log on with your Xbox again > test.

If that don't helps, you should contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

Let them have a look at your account.

If you have trouble with the contact attempt look at this guide

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 105 (11,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm having this issue on Xbox one too. Glad it's not just me, but bummed that there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Did Bioware/EA just shut down the Galaxy At War mechanic without telling anyone? I'd like to think they wouldn't do that but you never know nowadays.

Message 3 of 105 (11,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just so you know it's not just Xbox. I play on pc and have same problem.
Message 4 of 105 (11,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah that's what has the paranoid part of me thinking they just shut off the Galaxy At War system without telling anyone. Especially since no one at EA or Bioware really seem all that interested in trying to fix this.

Message 5 of 105 (11,502 Views)

[ Edited ]

@commodore22345 @cobraii1976

The "Galaxy of War" system is up an running. I use the mini game every day and the progress also shows in game.

Did you tried to res-sync your accounts?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 6 of 105 (11,489 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

I tried what you suggested but it didn’t work 😒. It’s strange. I can still update the map on the N7 HQ, but not on the game directly.

Message 7 of 105 (11,471 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SpectreLegend

It could be a local problem as well, but there are several people reporting this, so I would think that to contact EA support and/or Xbox support would be the best step right now.

@commodore22345 @cobraii1976  SpectreLegend

From what region are you all?

Message 8 of 105 (11,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I've tried re-syncing my accounts several times.  Every time I do, Galaxy At War seems to work for about 15 minutes before it goes back to not working.  Now that I think about it, this didn't start happening until I switch to the digital version of Mass Effect 3 for my Xbox One (trying to convert as much of my library as possible to digital).  I still have my physical copy and my old 360 so I'll fire it up on there and see if it's working there.

Message 9 of 105 (11,441 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Okay, tried it on my 360 with my physical copy of Mass Effect 3 and still getting the same issue.  Also, I want to note that when I check my profile on N7HQ, everything is up to date and accurate, which would indicate that my console is communicating with the servers just fine.  It's just when it comes to reflecting that Galaxy At War data in my game/campaign that things seem to be getting out of sync.

Message 10 of 105 (11,433 Views)