Re: Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC - Not Free Anymore?

by EA_David

Original Post

@Mayple7 

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 41 of 53 (1,490 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately no dice. Frown

I'll try support again I suppose.

Message 42 of 53 (1,472 Views)

Community Manager

Can I check what region you're in, and whether you use a VPN? I'm curious also whether timing is a factor, approximately when did you add the game to your account?

On my side, like the others here, it's showing up between Earth and the Firefight pack. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 43 of 53 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too, cannot find the extended dlc under the extra content tab on Origin (PC). And from what I've read here all you get from EA is that "it isn't free DLC" from CS, this guy Ataashi who was supposed to check in and inform us just up and vanished and the latest EA representative to comment (EA David) sprouted some nonsense about VPN (no I am not using any) and that it's there for him between such and such DLC.

Yeah, thank you very much David, you had it installed when it was free and it is shown on your account, GG. I and many other guys did not download it back then and it is NOT free for download, or even there now! Do you have anything else helpful for us or is it just EA proving once more why it's the most hated gaming company on the planet?

Message 44 of 53 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue as most others. The Extended Cut is not listed in the Extra Content. I'm living in Switzerland.
I don't use VPN and I bought ME3 when it released, so it was added to origin when the game was merged to th platform.

Message 45 of 53 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue in the US, Customer support is completely unhelpful, just stating that its not a free download.  I'm getting nowhere with my attempts to reach anyone who knows anything about this.  Can anybody help?

Message 46 of 53 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck with this? I just wanna download the directors cut with paying the 30 dollars on Origin. 

I found the DLC on the Microsoft store, but that wont allow me to download it to the EA play Version of ME3

I also have XBOX gamepass for PC with gives me EA Play, I don't know what im supposed to do here.

Message 47 of 53 (712 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE:

Contacted EA support and was given some lame statement. Totally unhelpful. 

Transcript is below:

Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:11:32 AM): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Sagar, may I start with your first name please?
(9/8/2021, 5:11:37 AM): Nic
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:12:00 AM): Hi Nic!
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:12:04 AM): Hope you are doing fine today.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:12:08 AM): Could you brief us about your concern so that we can help you further with it?
(9/8/2021, 5:13:20 AM): Im trying to figure out how to get access to the Free Mass Effect 3 Director's Cut DLC without buying the $30 DLC Collection Pack
(9/8/2021, 5:14:10 AM): I downloaded ME3 through EA Desktop Via EA Play pass
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:15:02 AM): Oh, so you want know how you can access the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut ending using the EA Play you have.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:15:07 AM): Rest assured, I will surely check it for you and help you with it.
(9/8/2021, 5:15:51 AM): Yes, I know that the EA playpass version does not include it outright and the only other way i can find it is through the paid DLC pack
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:16:47 AM): We checked your case with our team and they informed us that the Mass Effect 3 extended cut DLC is no included in the EA Play subscription and you will require to purchase it separately on the account.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:17:08 AM): Here is the link and you can find more details about it.

https://www.origin.com/ind/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle
(9/8/2021, 5:17:59 AM): So what your telling me is that Free content that Millions of people were given access to is no longer free and stuck behind a 30 dollar paywall only being forced on PC players?
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:18:45 AM): You can check the details for the Mass Effect 3 extended cut DLC on our below article and we found that it is not included with EA Play.
(9/8/2021, 5:19:19 AM): The link takes me to The DLC Bundle for $30
(9/8/2021, 5:20:03 AM): but a Console player can still download the FREE DLC on their respective storefronts?
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:20:45 AM): It is not available on the EA Play for the PC users.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:21:05 AM): Hope you would understand.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:21:23 AM): Also there is no way to manually grant any items from our end.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:21:28 AM): Would there be anything else I may assist you with for now?
(9/8/2021, 5:22:55 AM): Can i get an Transcript of this conversation emailed to me please?
(9/8/2021, 5:24:33 AM): ?
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:25:24 AM): You can save the transcript at your end as there will be an option to on the chat window to do that.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:25:28 AM): Hope it would help.
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:25:32 AM): Have a good day ahead!
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:25:36 AM): Thank for contacting EA Help. It was my pleasure to help you today. For any query and further help with EA games, you can always contact us or check our knowledge base at help.ea.com for queries.
Bye take care and enjoy!
(9/8/2021, 5:25:36 AM): Thanks
Sagar (9/8/2021, 5:25:41 AM): You are welcome!

Kinda shady EA... really freaking shady....

Message 48 of 53 (707 Views)

★★★ Guide

@DespresDe-Xoc 

I feel your pain.  Origin CS is (like many others), hit & miss ... mostly miss.  As to your particular issue ...

A little unclear on your situation.  Is your EA Play only through XBOX Game Pass (for PC or ultimate)?  If so, EA Desktop is your only client for Origin games. And ...

...alas, you can't access the DLC (including the free Extended Cut and multiplayer DLC's) through EA Desktop.  I thought there was a Bioware rep here who said he'd look into it, but can't find that thread.  Anyway, as far as I know, still no fix for this (and wouldn't hold my breath).

Or do you also have EA Play through normal (non-game pass) sub?  In which case you should have access to all the content through Origin.  Are you saying you have this, but don't see the DLC in Origin?

Message 49 of 53 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@DoctorDAM 

I do have both Origin launcher and EA Desktop, both using the same account. As for Origin, it doesn't even show my EA Playpass games on there. So as far as Origin goes, there's no way to look at available extra content.  

As to the Bioware rep, he did say he'd look into it. But as far as I can tell he never came back with a reply.

And finally I have Xbox Gamepass for PC (Not Ultimate, as I don't own an Xbox console.) I was able to get EA Playpass through XBOX Gamepass. 

Also I absolutely thought no one would even reply here, so even though you might not be able to help lol, thanks!

Message 50 of 53 (691 Views)