Re: Mass Effect 3 DLCs not downloading

by Aviva636

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 DLCs not downloading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I recently decided to replay the Mass Effect series and went into Origin to download them. The problems are happening with Mass Effect 3, I hit the download button and my options to select extra content comes up, I of course select all of the DLC material. The following DLC's allow me to select them but then won't download:

Alternate Appearance Pack 1

From Ashes

Groundside Resistance Pack

Reckoning

Resurgence

Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 (Not technically a DLC but I include it because it also isn't downloading)

Yes I normally mod my games but since this is the initial download nothings been applied, I also haven't played this game in 2-3 years and never on this computer so I know there are no old mod folders lying around.

I have also been through all the help forums, I have deleted and reinstalled the game twice, I have cleared the Origin cache, I have done EA's recommended 'hard way' uninstall of Origin and reinstalled everything. I have been trying for 3 days to get through the EA help website but the only help it gives me is to contact live chat. That button is grayed out and says 'Live Chat is closed right now--sorry we missed you. Please try again during our business hours.' Please also note that per a banner at the top of the screen 'We’ve temporarily changed our support hours to limit any risk to our employees who are in a region with an elevated risk of coronavirus. New Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday'

Well it was 11:00 a.m. on Monday when I tried, it was 9:00 a.m. yesterday and 4:00 p.m. today. I'm getting the same message. Help?

Edit: I should mention that I have already played through 1 and 2 and had no issues. The only mods I use are ALOT for textures and the Expanded Galaxy Mod because the war assets in base game drive me crazy but again, they haven't been installed yet.

Edit 2: Just caught that on the reinstall of Origin and the games, 3 of the Mass Effect 2 Extra Content Packs are doing the same thing.

Collector's Weapons and Armor

Firewalker Pack

Umbra Visor

This was not an issue when I played through 2 a few days ago, all of these were installed and present in the game. I booted up 2 to check and played through to the point where these become available and sure enough, they are now missing.

Message 1 of 6 (1,619 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Aviva636 

What happens exactly with this DLCs? They just stay in the queue?

You are running Origin as Administrator?

You checked your hard drive for enough space and for errors?

Do you have a second hard drive and if yes did you tried to download to this drive?

For the contact attempt. (And you really should have EA to have a look at your Account if the above is not working.)

Restarting the router, changing the region to English (if not already set this way), changing Browser to Internet Explorer, disabling add-ons especially anti-script and ad-block software or the windows firewall and the virus scanner for the contact attempt could help.

Here is an EA contact guide.

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not running Origin as administrator. The DLCs never appear in the queue but when I open the game page in Origin, they're all there under extra content. I can click the download button but nothing happens. I got around the ME2 issue by downloading the game from steam and getting the DLCs from Bioware's website. Unfortunately ME3 is only on Origin. I don't have a second hard drive but the one installed on my computer still has 552 GB available.

As far as contacting EA, my region is set to English (I live in the US). I've tried the website on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and even borrowed my sister's Macbook to try Safari. I'm not getting through.

I got Reckoning and Resurgence to go through by disabling all of the security on my computer (Windows Firewall and McAfee Virus Scanner). Still stuck on the others. Appreciate the help!

Message 3 of 6 (1,551 Views)

★★★ Novice

No idea why but I started to download the Dragon Age series to play instead and the rest of the Mass Effect DLCs queued up the second I clicked download on Dragon Age Origins. I confirmed the downloads in the BIOGame\DLC folder. Putting this one down to magic...Thanks again for the help!

Message 4 of 6 (1,534 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Aviva636 They did have server issues so maybe a few other things like this were also effected
Message 5 of 6 (1,515 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Quint88r It's a bit of a pain at the moment. FIFA 20's ridiculous lockdown traffic seems to drag down every other game too.
Message 6 of 6 (1,485 Views)