Re: Mass Effect 3 DLCs Do Not Work Offline!

by LazerRay1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 DLCs Do Not Work Offline!

★★ Novice

Normally I'm a fan of the Mass Effect series, and I bought all the current games and DLCs for them, but recently discovered that none of the DLCs for ME3 work when I try to launch the game in offline mode.  To me this is a huge rip-off since I now own a useless game (Mass Effect 3 Digital Delux and all DLC items for it), I don't have my own internet connection and I rely on public networks to download anything, this online only BS needs to stop or EA is just going to lose more customers!

Its bad enough they force people to use the extremely buggy Origin client, but making single player content require an internet connection is ridiculous, online only should just be for multi-player and nothing more!

Because of this junk of making a once fun game series and blocking anyone who doesn't have a steady internet connection, I will not buy any more games from EA until they have a proper offline mode!

Message 1 of 11 (8,905 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@LazerRay1

- Close Origin.

- Turn the wireless card off. (also disable any other network adapter you might have)

- Start Origin and log on. (that is required even in Offline mode.)

- Start the game.

- The game will start without a DLC check, but the DLCs will still work. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (10,896 Views)

All Replies

@LazerRay1

The single player DLCs do work in Offline mode.

What is the exact problem you have?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 11 (8,876 Views)

★★ Novice

The title of this topic is the problem, I paid good money for Mass Effect 3 and all its DLCs, but I can only run base game (none of the DLCs will work), EA needs to fix this by making it so single player content works properly in offline mode.  I don't mind going online to activate everything, that should just a one time thing and the content works after that, but having to do that any time you try to run a game is ridiculous.  I'm one of many people who don't have a steady internet connection yet still try to run games, but the online only idiocy ruins this, its going to get to the point where we won't be able to run anything if this keeps up.

Message 3 of 11 (8,864 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LazerRay1

Again, the single player DLCs of Mass Effect 3 work in Offline mode. You just need to connect to the Servers for one time and after that the Game and the DLCs work just fine.

I tested that many times while travelling.

If it don't work on your system then there is a problem on your system.

If you disable your internet connection completely, (pull the plug or disable the adapter in the Windows device manger) does the issue persists?  

Message 4 of 11 (8,859 Views)

★★ Novice

When I try to run the game offline, I'm not connected to any network at all yet the game fails to activate any of the DLCs, they only get activated when I'm online with a public network, there is no one-time activation it tries to activate every time I launch the game every time.

The wireless card on my laptop is turned on, all the time but it only connects to networks I'm in range of and I have the login data, so that means only public networks can be used, I don't have access to any of the wireless connections in my apartment building since I don't have permission to use them nor do I have any of their passwords.

If you say that Mass Effect 3 and all it's DLCs work in offline mode, give me step-by-step instructions that I can save to my system and use while offline (The instructions must work 100% to be usable)

Message 5 of 11 (8,850 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LazerRay1

- Close Origin.

- Turn the wireless card off. (also disable any other network adapter you might have)

- Start Origin and log on. (that is required even in Offline mode.)

- Start the game.

- The game will start without a DLC check, but the DLCs will still work. 

Message 6 of 11 (10,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just think you don't need to be online to live the last fight to save the galaxy in ME3!

Message 7 of 11 (8,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used to play ME3 offline, but after last Origin client update i have the same problem. I had to use tethering to go online  and validate DLC to play, but the solution is only temporary: a few days later the same *... unable to validate DLC while offline... Congrats Origin, you lose another client.

Message 8 of 11 (7,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@fabry_id_origin; You didn't read the solution correctly.

You must DISABLE your networking capability in order to play off-line, not just "not be connected" at the time.

EDIT:  Just confirmed by going completely off-line, launching the game, and then loading a save where Shepard was wandering around on the Silversun Strip.  (Picked-up a few more tracks for my cabin music at the Castle Arcade. :eahigh_file: )

Message 9 of 11 (7,618 Views)

★ Novice

Absurd and ridiculous. Now the servers are down and cannot access any of the DLC (been playing the game for weeks with everything installed and connection to the server). Just because it cannot connect to servers it refuses to allow access to the DLC?

Just one more way EA is the worst, * game company in existence.

And don't give me this repeated nonsense of "you must DISABLE your networking capacity..." - that's absurd and you shouldn't have to jump through these hoops in order to access PAID CONTENT. I don't want to disable my network. Don't even know how to fully. * EA. 

Message 10 of 11 (7,141 Views)