Betreff: Mass Effect 3 - Blue color turned pink

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 - Blue color turned pink

★ Novice

I've been playing Mass Effect since 2013 and I never had this issue before. I started a new playthrough a few weeks ago. Everything was fine with me1 and me2. Then I started me3, and I quickly realized that something was very off. Some of the shades of blue in the game have turned pink/magenta.

While it's almost unnoticeable in some scenes, in others, it's ridiculous, turning most of Liara's face magenta. We all know this game has a tendency to be "blue", so this is really annoying.

It's not even a "smooth" change of color, it makes the graphics look very raw. 

Here are a few screencaps:

Loading screen

Outside 1

Outside 2

It's not the most obvious in those images, unfortunately I had to restart a game to take those screencaps, since I uninstalled the whole game earlier today hoping it would fix things (it didn't, and now I'm waiting for all the DLCs to install again so I can resume my playthrough).

As far as I know all my software are up to date. I've launched me1 and me2 again since this started to see if it was affecting them, but they look fine, so I doubt it's a graphic card issue.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6 (1,434 Views)

@Elialys

I very much doupt that this is a Game problem but you can try to change the in Game graphic settings to test that. 

Imho this looks like a GPU/Monitor or connection issue. Are you on a PC or on a Notebook? If on PC, did you checked if your Monitor cable is firmly connected on both ends? Can you test on a different GPU port? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (1,404 Views)

★ Novice

I have a laptop, so it's not a cable connection issue. I've also tried tweaking the game graphic settings, but it doesn't make a difference. 

I'm honestly very baffled by this. Only one color seems affected. So it leaves some aspect looking perfectly normal, while other things look just... AWFUL.

Message 3 of 6 (1,393 Views)

Community Manager

@Elialys Hey, can you try a clean reinstall of your graphics card drivers?

If the issue persists, what card are you using?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same problem on my laptop as well and I've tried resetting my graphic software. I run and asus with a inel h3 3240 graphics card and I should be compatible with the graphics of the game

Message 5 of 6 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jtak117 wrote:

I have been having the same problem on my laptop as well and I've tried resetting my graphic software. I run and asus with a inel h3 3240 graphics card and I should be compatible with the graphics of the game

@jtak117 Do you mean i3 3240? Because that's a processor, not a graphics card. Intel doesn't make graphics cards, but they do make integrated graphics chips on their processors that are not supported by this game.

Could you share a dxdiag file so we can have a better look at your hardware specifications? https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (1,023 Views)