Re: ME3 SAVING FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

by EA_David

Original Post

ME3 SAVING FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

★★ Novice

I have two PC's. Can I play ME3 on one PC, save, sign out of Origin, then pick up where I left off when signing back into Origin on my 2nd PC?

Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)

Community Manager

@Angel381 Absolutely. I'm Working on my full trilogy playthrough for MEA right now, and I'm swapping between playing at home and on breaks in work. I'm only on ME2 right now, but that also has cloud saves. 

Just make sure that in Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves the Cloud Storage is enabled. Also as a general rule be sure to manually close out a game when you're done playing, to make sure the saves sync up with the server. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

★★ Novice

David, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I double checked to make sure the cloud storage was enabled on both PC's, and it is; but for some reason I am not able to retrieve the saved gameplay from the 1st PC when I log into my account on the(2nd) PC.  When I sign into Origin on the 2nd PC and pull up "load game" (or even resume), I am only seeing the last time I played on the 2nd PC, and not the 2 hours I had just finished playing on the 1st PC.  These PC's are part of a home group, would that make a difference or possibly cause this problem?

Message 3 of 4 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I don't see why that would be a problem, but it could be. I'll try some testing with my saves to see if it's a problem with the Cloud Save system in general, but that might take some time. 

If you're on the same network, it might be worth just passing the saves manually. You can find them at My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save and they are fairly clearly named. 

Be sure to make a backup of course, but perhaps you can copy-paste the files to your other machine. When you start up the game should see the saves as if they'd been automatically cloud synced. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (464 Views)