Re: ME3 Release Date Check Error

by 100lighness

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi there @holger1405 again,

so just in case something goes wrong i backed up my laptop onto and external Drive now.

I played with the options in the Config.exe a lot now, nothing changed...

For your Questions:
1.) The game does indeed start into a black screen. There is no logo, at least not visual. I can hear though the typical Bioware-EA-Mass Effect logo (similar to "EA SPORTS") appearing. The sound is there, though not the image.
2.) The gamne is neither crashing nor does it minimize the window.
3.) I waited for some time, no change, still a black screen.

I guess, either my laptop cant play it, or i have to consider installing the Beta Driver.

Nonetheless, thank you for your time. 

Dimi

Message 11 of 13 (781 Views)

@100lighness

Hi Dimi.

I would tray the driver.

If that not helps, there is also the small possibility that there are game files corrupted that can't be detected by the repair funktion. To make sure that this is not the case, completely deinstall the game, delete the "Mass Effect 3" folder in your "Documents" folder, (Normally you should make a backup of the "Save" folder, but you don't have any, so we can skip that.) and reboot.

Then you have 2 options, either install the game from the DVD again, or download the game with Origin. I would recommand the Origin download, but I don't know how good your internet connection is.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 13 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What worked for me was setting my computer time to March of 2012, because that is the game's release date. So I gave it a shot. 

Ironically Dragon Age 2 had the same problem.

Message 13 of 13 (578 Views)