Re: ME3 Release Date Check Error

by Holger1405

Original Post

ME3 Release Date Check Error

★ Novice

Hey all. I have just tried to install ME3 again on my pc (windows 10) and everything went fine during the setup except for when i try to launch the game. it is asking for a release date check and i click accept so it can run it but every time it fails. I did a fresh install of origin again and that did not work either. Anyone encounter this issue before?

Message 1 of 13 (5,142 Views)

Community Manager

@PRODIGGITY237 Hey, can you try changing your UAC to always notify, then attempt to launch again?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

You can also see this article to ensure that the game is being let through your system's firewall: http://help.ea.com/en/article/Release-Date-Check-Issues/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (5,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good day,

i hope this problem has been solved for the original writer, but for me its still here..

Ive been following all the instructions as you said, as well as all in the link you shared.

Currently im still in clean boot mode, but it just doesnt work...

I was thinking about these possible sources for my problem:

• Mass Effect 3 was gifted to me in a DVD form in the german language. My Origin account however is in english. Could the possible time differences interfere with the connectivity to the server? On the other side, this game isn't new and a few hours would't matter, right?
  • Something in the installation process went wrong, since it was installed on my laptop through DVD. Or, something went wrong when Origin added the game to my library.

Im sorry I bother about a game that is quite ancient, i just hearded very positive rumours about it and decided to play the first 3 games before playing Mass Effect 4 later this year.

I had also problems importing my Mass Effect 1 character to Mass Effect 2, so im starting to get frustrated now and I doubt this has to do with my kind of crappy  laptop...

I would be very happy for any further help.

Thank you.

Dimi

Message 3 of 13 (5,011 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @100lighness

First, did you try to repair your game? (in Origin > my games > right click ME3 > Repair Game)

If that not helps, is Origin set to update the games automatically? (in Origin > left Top corner menu > Origin > Applications Settings > General > and here under "Updates" > Automatically keep my Games up to date. 

Also restart your router.

If both suggestions don't work, shutdown your Windows firewall, your router firewall and the UAC. (just for test purposes, don't forget to start them later on.) > Test and report back.

Edit: you solved the ME1 > ME2 import problem? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 13 (5,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good Day again,

first of all are you german? In case you are not i will write the following in english too:

Vielen vielen vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe. Origin hat sich nach der Einstellung "upgedatet" und ich habe das Spiel durch Origin repariert. Ich komme also nun ins Spiel rein...

allerdings sehe ich einen schwarzen Bildschirm und nur das spielinterne Maussymbol ist erkennbar. Ich muss mich im Hauptmenü des Spiels befinden, im Hintergrund spielt die Mass Effect Musik...

Ich bin mir fast sicher, dass dies an der Grafikkarte liegt.  Meine Grafikkarte ist eine AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series mit 512MB, weit über den Mindestvoraussetzungen. Ich habe versucht den entsprechenden neuesten Treiber runterzuladen, aber scheinbar bin ich schon auf dem neuesten Stand... 

Könnte dieses Problem auch am Display/Bildschirm liegen? Den musste ich nämlich vor 1-2 Jahren umtauschen, da er auf einer Reise zerbrochen ist...meistens sehe ich auf dem neuen Bildschirm sogenannte "Artefacts" wenn zu viele Grüntöne angezeigt werden..

Nach wie vor bin ich Ihnen aber sehr dankbar :-)

Dimi

I thank you very very very much for your help. I managed to update Origin and repair the game. I can now enter the game... however i only see a black screen, with only the Mass effect 3 mouse indicator visible. I assume im in the main menu, since the typical Mass Effect music plays in the background...

Im almost sure the Graphics Card is to blame. I have a  AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series with 512MB, way over the necessary system requirements. I tried downloading the according Driver, however it says, that I already have the newest version...

Could also my Monitor be to blame, which i had to change a few years ago, because it broke on a trip... When there are many green tones, I usually see "Artefacts"..

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, its much appreciated :-)

Dimi

Message 5 of 13 (4,978 Views)

Hi @100lighness

Yes I am German, but it would be impolite to use only the German language here on the US board.

If you feel more comfortable discussing this matter in German, please open a thread in this section at the German Answers HQ and PM me the link.

Moreover, it's good that we solved the first problem, now to the second one.

Please create a DxDiag and post it with your next reply. (here is the guide in German.)

Other Games run without problems?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 6 of 13 (4,969 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok hi again,

I put the DxDiag file in the annotation. I hope you can make sense :/

As for Mass Effect 1 > Mass Effect 2 (the thing i oversaw in the previous post) all works fine now :-)

Thank you once more.

Dimi

Message 7 of 13 (4,954 Views)

Hello @100lighness

Thanks for the DxDiag Dimi (Dimi like Dimitrios?)

We have a few problems here. Your Notebook is about 5 - 6 years old and and you're ruining a new Operation System on it. 

The newest driver for your CPU graphic I could find are the driver you already running. They are from 2012 and written for Windows 7. This driver works on Windows 10, but it's certainly not ideal.

Furthermore, AMD moved the Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series to Legacy Support some time ago, but at least there is a beta driver that provides full support for Windows 10. 

Important: On a Notebook it's always preferable to run the drivers from the Notebook manufacturer, or in other words, first look at the HP website for newer drivers. Also, a beta driver is normally stable, but there is no guaranty for it, so if you perform an upgrade, you do it on your own risk.

In the end I would recommand that you try to run the game in Windowed mode before you try to load the beta driver. (Use the "MassEffect3Config.exe" under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries" to activate the Windowed mode.)

Message 8 of 13 (4,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok hi @Holger1405, sorry i got lost, i was sorting out my laptop, deleteing things i dont need, repairing malfunctioning software, scanning for viruses etc..

I have manually now updated (as I think) every driver my laptop needs.. I opened as you told me Mass effect 3 in windowed mode. Still a black screen.

I would like to know a bit more about this beta driver, because as you described it, I have the impression it's quite dangerous to install it..?

Edit: Yeah, Dimi comes from Dimitrios Standard smile

Message 9 of 13 (4,893 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @100lighness or Dimi.

Dangerous is the wrong word.

See, every driver update, even with WHQL certificate drivers can lead to problems. That's why "Never change a running system" is still a good advice.

But your system is not running as expected and so installing this driver could help you. I just needed to make clear that there is a small risk and that only you can decide if you are willing to take it, because I have no idea if you can effort problems on this machine or if it is critical to your every day's work.   

Be that as it may, I would like you to test some more.

In the Config.exe, set the resolution to your native Monitor resolution.

Then Change the windowed mode between "Standard" "Normal" and "Borderless" (the game must be closed) > Test

If that not helps try every setting (Resolution, Anti-Aliasing) at "Standard" and if that not works at "off"

Questions:

The game starts into that black screen? (There is no logo screen you can see before it goes black)  

The game is not crashing? (It does not minimise the window and is does not stop working)

Did you waited a few minutes after you started the game to see if there is a change?

Message 10 of 13 (4,885 Views)