ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

by jbeck05

Original Post

Re: ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

★★ Novice

I thought it might be ISP related (I'm iinet as well), so when I was having issues I disconnected and used my iphone as a tether modem

It's on Telstra, so different carrier, but it had the same problem.

I've use tether before to play multiplayer operations when I was away for work and speed was pretty good.

Message 21 of 116 (797 Views)

★ Novice

iinet as well. Well pretty much since I last posted I've gone back to having difficulty connecting. I sent an email off to tech support and got the same bog standard answer "did you try turning it on and off again, firewalls (If I had a firewall blocking the game I wouldn't be able to connect to EA servers when its first starting). At this rate, I may turn off my router for 20 secs or so and try again. I know I have another friend and they've been able to connect perfectly well. Games like Shogun 2 work perfectly well, I can also connect to the DA2 servers without issue (doing another play through currently).

Message 22 of 116 (791 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, same here. I'm good again during the day so I did the entire weekend challenge between lunch and 4pm today. Just in case.

Connection problems after 5pm are still an issue. But only with ME3.

I'm good with all my other online games, including the WoW servers which also run from the States.

Message 23 of 116 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

I got play yesterday and this morning but tonight no joy. Haven't changed anything on my comp. If the common theme is iinet users, I wonder what route we are taking to connect to EA?

We seem to be getting packet loss at buisy times in the evening, causing the disconnects, it's like our connection is low priority and so the packets are getting dropped at these after 5pm times.

Do query iinet? Try the ifanboi page?

Are there any games connecting to US servers that people have trouble with after 5pm ie BF3 servers? I can play to Asian servers in the evening no prob, but haven't tried the other direction to America.

Tye

Message 24 of 116 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

Westnet here. Anyone contacted the ISP?

Message 25 of 116 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@bigtye wrote:
Spoiler

Are there any games connecting to US servers that people have trouble with after 5pm ie BF3 servers? I can play to Asian servers in the evening no prob, but haven't tried the other direction to America.

Tye

I'm playing WoW on Oceanic Servers which are hosted in the US as well (I know ... sounds weird but they are). I can play perfectly fine in the evenings with minimal latency (for Australia) and I'm not using a tunnelling service so I don't really think it's the ISP.

Message 26 of 116 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah you may well be right. I have worked out how to see the IP it is connecting (I think) when loading multiplayer and will run a ping plotter trace at different times (ie when I can play successfully adn when I can't) to see if I can pick out exactly where things are going wrong.

I could play again this morning fine but not last night. I really believe it is not our own pc end, ie don't bother reinstall, change port settings, open firewall etc that ea help gets you to do to no avail.

The thing is, even if ping plotter shows it to be EA's end as the problem, the reality is they are likely to do little to fix it for a game at this end of it's life span, but it may help with my decision to get into future mp games.

Safe holidays all.

Tye

Message 27 of 116 (746 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem here using iiNet from Perth and haven't been able to log into multiplayer for close to 2 weeks now, despite trying in the early afternoon through to the wee hours of the night.

Starting to get a bit despondent with this and lack of any acknowledgement from EA on the problem. All the other MMO's I play are working perfectly fine so I doubt it is ISP related. I suppose it is getting close to time to move along to something else :o(

Merry Xmas to all,

Ral

Message 28 of 116 (734 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm from Perth, using iinet as well However I can't even connect any time of the day for over two weekends now it's hard to enjoy the game when I can't even play it since I like joining the weekend challenges.
Message 29 of 116 (728 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks jbeck, for trying another ISP and clearing that up.

Also, after reading ycvw's post, I tried and managed to play the game perfectly from 4am ( GMT +8 ) this morning. Since I haven't played it in so long, I put in a few good hours until the problem started again, no different to what ycvw experienced. Tried mutliple times since then and definitely back to the same issue, consistently ( until 4am tomorrow? - personally not going to check that again, but if anyone wants to finish the weekend challenge you might want to ).

Anyway, based on this info, I find it highly unlikely that two totally different ISPs ( and one being ADSL, and one 3/4G ) have the same problem with one particular game at certain times of day.

I'm convinced that it's not our ISP, Router, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Origin / ME3 Installation or anything at our end that EA's support is routinely telling us to check. It doesn't even sound like our accounts' DLC entitlements are an issue either after today's experience ( which seems to be the most commonly discussed solution ).

Message 30 of 116 (691 Views)