ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

by jbeck05

Original Post

Re: ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

★★★ Newbie

I started getting constant "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time" errors today, and nothing I've done seems to fix it.

First time I started the game this morning, it worked fine. (Before the weekend challenge started.)

I quit out to go do something for a bit, then came back and tried to start the game again, and got the error. Quit the game, restarted, tried again, same error. It did this 3-4 times, then I tried restarting my machine.

First time I run it after the reboot, it works. Quit out to go eat dinner and do other things, and then the error starts again when my friends show up and we're going to go run some matches.

This time, it didn't start working after a computer restart.

I have tried cleaning EA addresses out of the hostfile (there were none), I've tried the Documents/Bioware/ME3 folder clear-out, I've tried going into AppData and cleaning out the localgobbledegook.xml file (not local.xml), I've tried turning off the internet connection, and turning it back on.

Not a thing is working.

Ideas? Because this is entirely new - and Origin's just chugging along normally as if nothing's wrong. Friends can see me online and talk to me, etc. It's just ME3 that goes "herp derp, can't connect" when it had been connected just fine earlier today.

Message 111 of 116 (803 Views)

★★ Novice

I've made my own thread with the title of the error message I get, but I'll post here too. My problem isn't just connecting to multiplayer, it is connecting to the entire Galaxy at War thing on the main menu. I'm worried this might affect achievements so I can't even enjoy playing singleplayer.

Message 112 of 116 (800 Views)

★ Guide

@morwenlagann wrote:

I started getting constant "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time" errors today, and nothing I've done seems to fix it.

Ideas? Because this is entirely new - and Origin's just chugging along normally as if nothing's wrong. Friends can see me online and talk to me, etc. It's just ME3 that goes "herp derp, can't connect" when it had been connected just fine earlier today.

I know that this thread has gotten very long, but have you done the UOTrace tests for your connection to the EA Server yet? It was the key in the AUS/NZ players getting back online through our providers complaining to their upstream providers (Telstra in AUS and Telecom in NZ) about the Level3.net router failures in Los Angeles.

I think my troubleshooting with all the information is on Page 4 for the UOTrace tests, with follow up results on Pages 5 and 9.

Message 113 of 116 (777 Views)

★ Guide

Well it's been a week of testing and while I'll still occassionally lose my connection to the EA Server and/or have trouble connecting to a public game with Quick Match, it's a lot better than it was.

I'll be closing my EA Support Case (AUS), but I'll still be contributing here for those still affected.

Message 114 of 116 (771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue here...multiple attempts at rebooting may work..took 12 last time, but this is a continuing problem.  Only good thing is that downloadable content still seems to be available.

Message 115 of 116 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The galaxy at war map being offline isn't anything to worry about. You can still play the multiplayer and get points but I've been disconnected from wave 10/11 4-5 times last week and it's very frustrating.

Message 116 of 116 (743 Views)