Re: ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

by N7_Andrastian

Original Post

ME3 (PC) - Problems connecting to Multiplayer / staying connected

★★ Novice

I'm connecting from Melbourne Australia, and it's taking up to 10 minutes to connect to the EA servers, then it crashes when trying to connect to multiplayer

I managed to make it through once or twice, but all my equipment selections were greyed out so I couldn't select ammo buffs, and my lvl19 Valkyrie had all her powers reset to default. Then it disconnected me.

I've never had any trouble before, I haven't changed ISP or been shaped, I've restarted Origin and my computer.

Can anyone help? I would like to try and complete the challenge this weekend if possible!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 116 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I play from Australia as well, almost up at the QLD border.

Never had any trouble playing MP at any time of the day but the last week and a half, I was only able to successfully maintain a connection during my lunch hour. After 5pm it was impossible to stay connected and play. (Same pc, same IP) Long time to connect and then disconnect the second you click on your character. Same problem with equipment selection being greyed out. I know I have a ton of gear sitting around right now.

I just tried to connect right now (afternoon) and the problem seems to have moved up a few hours because now I can't even play during the day anymore. Not happy Frown

PS: I have no problem with any other internet based games. All my MMOs and other multi-player games are doing just fine.

Message 2 of 116 (1,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, also in Australia and using the PC version.

Message 3 of 116 (1,990 Views)

★ Novice

Yep same issue for me. I'm from Australia and on PC as well from Tassi, but if theres an issue in Melb as well then its not just an isolated case.

Message 4 of 116 (1,979 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same problem, also in Australia, but over on the west side in Perth!

Been like this all week and now I can't do the weekend challenge ;_;

Message 5 of 116 (1,963 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. Seems like Australia is getting the short end of the stick with the servers.

Message 6 of 116 (1,957 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I take it, nobody's heard anything from anybody about this yet?

Starting to get frustrated to see my galactic readiness rating drop every day. Fine, I know I can get the best outcome in game if I only have the war assets but I just can't have Shepard go into the final part of the campaign without the galaxy being at at least 90%. Not after how she's worked her ass off to get the galaxy moving for the rest of the game. Frown

Message 7 of 116 (1,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Strangely enough, mine seems to have started working again as of 12:20pm, although the menu loading times are still a slower than they were before.

I did notice that over the weekened when it wasn't working, on the rare occasions I could actually make it into the multiplayer menu, anything to do with the retaliation DLC seemed to be missing (challenges, characters and weapon mods) and that starting a private lobby seemed to work until the first wave was completed, at which point, the 'You have lost connection to the server' message appeared.

Edit:

May have spoken too soon. Its gone back to not working again.

Message 8 of 116 (1,918 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

So, that last post gave me hope but when I tried just now, it's still the same.

I got into the character screen after a reasonably long wait but when I tried to allocate the talent points that were magically wiped clean again I got disconnected again. This is getting really frustrating. I guess it's another night of doing heroic dungeons and daily quests in my MMO.

Also, despite having logged a ticket and being given a case number, I have yet to hear back from tech support. I've checked my spam filter regularly just to be sure. Presently very disappointed with the service, or lack thereof. Frown

Message 9 of 116 (1,902 Views)

★ Novice

Well it finally connected tonight, I didn't have high hopes when I tried for like the 5th time today, but was pleasently surprised. managed to get a few hours in before it 'losy connection' again. Within that time I finally unlocked the Batarian soldier, so was having fun rocking him out with a kishock. Batarian whaler styleConfusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 116 (1,894 Views)