Re: ME3 Multiplayer error when joining lobby

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME3 Multiplayer error when joining lobby

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, I was delighted to find out that ME3 Multiplayer was backwards compatible on my Xbox One. I downloaded the game, the DLC and my online pass. Booted up the game and started multiplayer. Everything was there! All my characters and multiplayer progress. However, when I attempted to join or create a game I was given the error: "An Xbox Live privilege limitation prevents you from accessing this feature."

On various forums I've found possible work arounds, such as logging out of my Xbox account, launching the game, signing in when prompted on my Xbox one side, then downloading my profile on the Xbox 360 VM when prompted. Nothing works.

I've spent about 2 hours troubleshooting over the phone with Microsoft Xbox live support, where I've gone as far as deleting my profile off the console and added it back, changed every LIVE setting there is, and restarted the console uncountable times.

Ultimately the answer I was given was that the multiplayer servers were no longer active. Now, I could believe that if I couldn't launch the multiplayer from the main menu, or if I couldn't buy a new pack in the store, or if the leaderboard wouldn't load - but all of this I was able to do just fine. However, it is an aging game and that's alway a possibility. So here I am, asking about it.

Are the ME3 Multiplayer servers turned off or is there some way to get a round of multiplayer to launch?

Message 1 of 2 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

@stromguard555 

The servers are still up.

Unfortunately I can help you with the problem itself, but from your description this seems to be an error on MS side.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (569 Views)

All Replies

@stromguard555 

The servers are still up.

Unfortunately I can help you with the problem itself, but from your description this seems to be an error on MS side.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (570 Views)