Betreff: ME3 Multiplayer -- Have you seen this cheater?

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME3 Multiplayer -- Have you seen this cheater?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This guy is someone using something I've never seen before. I'll try to describe what I saw the best i can...

On PC, his ui is [edit: content contravenes against the rules & guidelines]

I was just firing up a low level character and hosted a new pug game. By the 2nd wave I had two other players with me, and things were going fine. At around wave 4 this player comes in, and suddenly I notice my other teammate are being dropped and tossed around like ragdolls. We were vs Cerberus on Giant. On Bronze. BRONZE. Then I notice the new guy, he's got some sort of a line of purple armor showing, like he's an enemy (like how you can see the line of armor on a banshee or brute, except he's a player!). It looked like the armor readout in the single player game when you look at one of those Reaper barrier engines.

Anyway, he's attacking the other two teammates, tossing them with some sort of uber PULL ability. then something hits me and I drop for a few seconds, like I was hit with stasis. I get up, take cover, and hit the idiot with reave. I see one of his bars flickering, but nothing more. I take a few shots at him with my acolyte, little to no effect either. My reave and pull were useless against him. Then he hit me from the other side of the map with that "lash-like" power of his, and combos me down again. 

I put up with that garbage only once more and then quit the game. Enjoy your game alone, bozo.

He's obviously using some sort of cheat script that allows him to not only have god-like armor and powers but also attack other players.

If you see him, this [edit: content contravenes against the rules & guidelines] with that purple bar of armor when you "look" at him... you may as well quit that match right then and there.

I can only wonder at the mindset of the kind of feeble person it takes to want to do stuff like this. Most of us are just trying to have some fun and improve the skills.

Message 1 of 6 (1,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Hi @Arasteele 

I can understand that you are upset about this incident, but naming and shaming is against the AHQ Forum rules.

Please use the in game or Origin functions to report cheaters.You also could contact support.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,544 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi @Arasteele 

I can understand that you are upset about this incident, but naming and shaming is against the AHQ Forum rules.

Please use the in game or Origin functions to report cheaters.You also could contact support.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 6 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, rules, yes. My apologies for overlooking that bit of rule.

However, I have a rule of my own. Would you care to hear it? It goes something like this.... When someone is cheating in a game this egregiously, outright ruining the games and fun that other players are just trying to have, they deserved to be "named and shamed". Period. 

Hard to fathom why this or any forum would disagree with that, but whatever. Your board, your rules.

As to your other advice, I'll try it. Again, however, others on other forums are saying that they have been reporting cheaters for some time now, possibly years, with no result and zero responses. Which also contributes to why I came here with my post, in hopes that one of the EA/Origin people would see it and maybe look into this cheater's account... instead of protecting him.

Message 3 of 6 (1,534 Views)

@Arasteele 

I would say Cheaters deserve to be banned. Wink

Even Cheaters have the right to have their privacy protected on this public board. And that it's just a user name doesn't change that, there are probably people who know the person behind the name.

Furthermore, often players who play very well are suspected of cheating (that doesn't mean that I doubt your report, it's just a fact) and nobody here can verify such a report. 

That are a few of the reasons why "Naming and Shaming" is not allowed on this board, I hope you can understand the reason behind this rule.

Message 4 of 6 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Honestly, all that was needed to be said here has already been said. Further justification from you was not needed, I get it, there’s no help for us Mass Effect 3 players here from egregious cheaters. From what I’ve described of the scene, anyone who knows the game quite well should be able to tell this was a whole other level of cheating than mere “playing well”. A guy using a cheat that allows him to “play well” doesn’t really affect other players all that much. What this guy did in this case though goes way beyond that. If you people on this forum cannot or will not see that that then that’s your problem. You’re acting like I posted the guy’s real name and street address. If someone out there knows him from his user name it’s just as likely they already know what he’s up to.

By your logic, the police would never be allowed to put out an amber alert on any suspected criminals. Think about that for a minute. If you have even an inkling of what that would mean in society you’ll begin to understand the flaw in your logic.

As for my credibility here, all you need do is look at my track record of previous posts. Do I give the impression of someone who would make something like this up? Other players, who also paid good money for this game, absolutely need to know whom to watch out for, or they are at risk for having their games and fun spoiled as well. This forum doesn’t see it that way though, as is obvious. I don’t need further game-splaining, I’m an old vet at these forums and computer gaming, I know a master cheater when I see one and know a bad forum rule when I see one. And I have no time nor patience for it.

At very least the response here could have been “We’ll alert one of the EA reps and pass along this person’s gamertag, but in the meantime we’ll have to withhold his name from the board”. I still would not have been happy, but I’d at least feel like this forum cares enough to actually put gamer rights above cheater rights.

Discussion over as far as I’m concerned. This will be my final post here. I consider this one more black eye for EA on how fans of it’s games are regarded.
Message 5 of 6 (1,474 Views)

@Arasteele  schrieb:

By your logic, the police would never be allowed to put out an amber alert on any suspected criminals. Think about that for a minute. If you have even an inkling of what that would mean in society you’ll begin to understand the flaw in your logic.

Well, neither you nor me are the police, and also not prosecutor and judge in the same person.

And it doesn't matter if you make the impression of someone who would make something like this up, all what counts is that there are people who would do exactly that if this specific rule would not exist. 

There can't be different rules for different people in regards to their credibility. 

Furthermore, nobody on this board is involved in the process of banning players, and that for good reasons as well. There are tools, as explained, you can use to report them. This tools are a fare more effective way to report cheaters than a post on this board.

I am sorry that you can't understand the reason behind this rule, but it is like it is.

I will close this thread because you're right, this discussion is over.

Message 6 of 6 (1,465 Views)