ME3 - Monitors in-game have green pixels

by DarkestApe

Original Post

ME3 - Monitors in-game have green pixels

★★★ Novice

GPU: ATI Radeon RX 480

CPU: i5 2500k

RAM: 16 gb

I have a small but annoying graphic glitch - most of the in-game monitors and screens that show some kind of video start by being completely covered in green pixel artifacts. Some of those green pixels disappear during the playback when an object shown on screen moves on them. Pixels showing static parts of the scene tend to remain. I have had this issue even with my old GPU - Nvidia Geforce 560TI. Can anyone give me some insight on why is that happening or offer a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (760 Views)

Re: ME3 - Monitors in-game have green pixels

@DarkestApe

Do you use any mods?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 8 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the response. I'm attaching the dxdiag file.

Message 3 of 8 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DarkestApe

There is a newer driver available for your GPU. Link

Preform a clean installation of the driver > reboot > test

Edit: Do you use any mods?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 8 (702 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am not using any mods. Just edited coalesced for some keybinding stuff. The game is 6 years old and I've had the issue on my last gpu which was an nvidia so I am quite sure its not the gpu drivers. I am reluctant to update my drivers because this version runs very stable for me for other games and apps which was not the case with the previous 2 driver versions. I did a clean install with the current drivers. I am open to other sugesstions however.
Thanks in advance.
Message 5 of 8 (693 Views)

@DarkestApe

Usually I am in favour of not changing a working system until there are problems, but you have a problem. Wink

Well, lets try something else first.
Did you reinstalled the game after you changed hardware?

Make a backup of your edited "Coalesced.bin" > Repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair) > test.

If that don't works, make sure Origin is completely closed > move the "Config" folder from your "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame" folder to your desktop > test the game

Message 6 of 8 (690 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did reinstall the game after getting the new gpu. Thinking of that... the only piece of gpu related software I still use in regards to ME3 is nvidia PhysX. I had removed it when performing a clean install of the new gpu drivers so I had to reinstal ME3 afterwards to force reinstalling PhysX as the game wouldnt run withiut it. Might that hold the key for a solution somehow?
Message 7 of 8 (681 Views)

@DarkestApe

PhysX is not the first thing I would look at regarding this error, not saying that it couldn't be responsible. 

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you first test the two recommendations that I mentioned in my last post.

Message 8 of 8 (672 Views)