Re: ME3 DLC - hasn't synced from my bioware account

by trepyat

Original Post

ME3 DLC - hasn't synced from my bioware account

★★ Novice

Hey, I have recently decided to play through the mass effect trilogy again.

I've had a problem before with the now defunct bioware account system and trying to sync it with my origin account to access the DLCs. Last time, I had to contact origin support to get the DLC for mass effect 2 activated on my origin account. That went through fine but they did not activate my mass effect 3 DLC as requested.

I tried contacting support again recently but they were unable to locate my DLC for ME3 despite purchasing it. I provided a different email address but with the DLC being purchased all the way back in 2013 it's difficult to remember exactly. There's also no way to login to my bioware account to see the CD keys directly there.

The advisor I spoke to suggested that I post on here. It's disappointing that I may have to purchase the DLC again, especially as they are still fairly expensive.

Any help from EA representatives would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (621 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @trepyat

Just to sum up your problem: your ME3 DLCs have been purchased on a different EA account than your base game is located - is that correct?

Do you remember where have you purchased your DLC? Was it BioWare website or Origin? And about what DLCs we're talking about exactly?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (539 Views)

If you do have to repurchase the DLC, one thing to be aware of is they offer a DLC bundle for ME3 now, but don't make it easy to find for the most part.  You have to search Mass Effect on the store/app and NOT choose Mass Effect 3 specifically.  Right now the bundle is showing up as 29.95$US money, and while it doesn't go on sale all that often, I have seen the bundle on sale once recently.  So don't make the mistake of buying them directly from the game page in your Origin app, and instead go looking for ME3 bundle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (524 Views)

★★ Novice

It was Omega, Citadel and leviathan. I thought it had been purchased on the same account as I don't remember using any other. I've been asked to provide email/receipts but since they were bought 5 years ago, why would I keep them?

Message 4 of 4 (518 Views)